hog hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

boone

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a place to hog hunt that's not a fenced in resort covered with exotic deer and antelope?? Preferably a small family run operation that won't break the bank. Thanks, Boone

Jogeephus, are you looking for people to hunt the hogs? I'm active Army stationed in Virginia and the hunting pressure here is out of control. I would love the chance to do a hog hunt. I've been hunting for more than 15 years and I'm a hunter safety instructor.

You can have at it, I'll leave the gate unlocked for you. We kill every one we see. Just PM me. I'm near Moody AFB.

Jogeephus, I shot you a PM not sure if you got it or not. I leave for an Army school next week and don't get back until mid March. My plan is to come down in late March early April. What county are you located in and how many acers is your poperty? I checked some of the GA hunting regulations looks like I'll need a non resident permit. If I'm on your private poperty do I need state permits? Shoot me a PM I check my
e-mail regulary. Thank you very much for the invite.

I can't speak for Jo but we figure buzzards and coyotes have got to eat to. Unless it's a little one we leave them where we shoot them.Z

boone":2x07in7t said:
Can anybody recommend a place to hog hunt that's not a fenced in resort covered with exotic deer and antelope?? Preferably a small family run operation that won't break the bank. Thanks, Boone

South Arkansas has alot of em' prob. closest to you too.
Does any one know if the wild hogs are good eatin'? A neighbor told me has been seein a few in the fields at night, recon they'll hurt anything in the fields? I don't know nothin about em'
By the way MillIron I am gonna get me one of them catahoula's from that website you gave me. not right yet but soon!

allenfarms":1knt93dw said:
boone":1knt93dw said:

South Arkansas has alot of em' prob. closest to you too.
Does any one know if the wild hogs are good eatin'? A neighbor told me has been seein a few in the fields at night, recon they'll hurt anything in the fields? I don't know nothin about em'
By the way MillIron I am gonna get me one of them catahoula's from that website you gave me. not right yet but soon!

Have you ever been to the Nevada bombing range? That's pretty much what a field or pasture can look like overnight with a bunch of hogs in it.

I gotta warn you about Catahoulas. They're addictive. Once you have one you won't be happy if there's not one (or more) around.Z

JonB":2a74m2sg said:
Boone I've heard there are some in the Mark Twain forest in the southern part of the state.

Great place to go 4wheeler riding!!! I love to go to Chadwick and Gladetop both!!!

Have talked to several guys who have hunted the MTF. Hogs are there, just really hard to locate. Boone

boone":1dnfl3re said:
Have talked to several guys who have hunted the MTF. Hogs are there, just really hard to locate. Boone

Trap them! I caught 41 in one week in traps.

The only time you see hogs is at night. Neighbor brought in a very good hunter with dogs. He hunted all night and got skunked. Neighbor called me, I caught nine the first night.

backhoeboogie":ywiiy21n said:
boone":ywiiy21n said:

The only time you see hogs is at night. Neighbor brought in a very good hunter with dogs. He hunted all night and got skunked. Neighbor called me, I caught nine the first night.

Go after dark with a red lens on your flashlight and bust there butts. This is not for beginners as when you put a red lens on everythings eyes glow red.

Caustic Burno":1b9or9c0 said:
backhoeboogie":1b9or9c0 said:
boone":1b9or9c0 said:

Go after dark with a red lens on your flashlight and bust there butts. This is not for beginners as when you put a red lens on everythings eyes glow red.

I hit a coyote with a red lens, it freezes. I hit a hog, it busts. This is with a store bought spotlight with fitted red lens. Don't know why the bust. I've only done it a few times tho.

This did not happen when we set up over a creep feeder. The hogs kept eating and hanging out. We thought we had found some calves at first. They were hogs. We nailed some.

backhoeboogie":wq319dvj said:
Caustic Burno":wq319dvj said:
backhoeboogie":wq319dvj said:
boone":wq319dvj said:

I hit a coyote with a red lens, it freezes. I hit a hog, it busts. This is with a store bought spotlight with fitted red lens. Don't know why the bust. I've only done it a few times tho.

This did not happen when we set up over a creep feeder. The hogs kept eating and hanging out. We thought we had found some calves at first. They were hogs. We nailed some.

I hunt them over diesel baited corn let you bust the crap out of them.

Caustic Burno":38283aa3 said:
backhoeboogie":38283aa3 said:
Caustic Burno":38283aa3 said:
backhoeboogie":38283aa3 said:
boone":38283aa3 said:

I hunt them over diesel baited corn let you bust the crap out of them.
What's the diesel for?