Highgrit - Corn

Help Support CattleToday:

UP OUR WAY IT LOOKS SOME BETTER BUT THESE HUNDRED DEGREE DAYS RIGHT AT TASSELING WILL TAKE A TOLL.....
sorry bout the caps....

predictiing storms tonight and tomorrow....don't need the storms but could use the rain....

I am going up to raphine this afternoon for a grazing and cover crop farm tour....will see what it looks like in the central valley....not much corn to see going across I64 until I cross the mountain....

pdfangus":y6jzh8te said:
UP OUR WAY IT LOOKS SOME BETTER BUT THESE HUNDRED DEGREE DAYS RIGHT AT TASSELING WILL TAKE A TOLL.....
sorry bout the caps....

predictiing storms tonight and tomorrow....don't need the storms but could use the rain....

I am going up to raphine this afternoon for a grazing and cover crop farm tour....will see what it looks like in the central valley....not much corn to see going across I64 until I cross the mountain....

No prob on the caps yes sir its tearing the corn up so far the beans are still looking good seems as some the growth has been stunted.. My cousin raises cotton and when its hot all the leaves drooping it looks terrible. Yes sir rain would be great but storms not so much. I think the corn is a lost cause at this point. Beans are looking good for now. Let me know how stuff out there looks.

THE CENTRAL VALLEY LOOKED PRETTY GOOD YESTERDAY...
They had been dry through most of June but have had several big rains lately...
I had a chance to listen to folks from all over the state and the concensus is that the southside of the state from about Danville to Emporia has been lacking in Moisture....but every time I turn on the teevee the weather guys are talking about rain in the southeast part of the state from Emporia to Va Beach...and from New Kent to the Potomac....

all the rain yesterday was either south or east of us....Was beautiful in Raphine and we had an excellent forage tour of a progressive forage grower and beef operation....he was grazing some of our summer multispecies cover crops....among other things....

From the maps the weatherman was showing it looks like Kenny Thomas' area is the hardest hit for abnormally dry conditions. Hope everyone gets rain soon. We've been blessed here in the poverty pocket.

fitz

Chuckie":gelam4vw said:
Oh wow, I hope ya'll get some rain soon.

Thanks. We got under a 1/4" last night not much to change anything but not complaining either.

pdfangus":gelam4vw said:
THE CENTRAL VALLEY LOOKED PRETTY GOOD YESTERDAY...
They had been dry through most of June but have had several big rains lately...
I had a chance to listen to folks from all over the state and the concensus is that the southside of the state from about Danville to Emporia has been lacking in Moisture....but every time I turn on the teevee the weather guys are talking about rain in the southeast part of the state from Emporia to Va Beach...and from New Kent to the Potomac....

all the rain yesterday was either south or east of us....Was beautiful in Raphine and we had an excellent forage tour of a progressive forage grower and beef operation....he was grazing some of our summer multispecies cover crops....among other things....

Yea I assure you no moisture where I am :lol2: Very nice sounds like a good time.

fitz":gelam4vw said:
From the maps the weatherman was showing it looks like Kenny Thomas' area is the hardest hit for abnormally dry conditions. Hope everyone gets rain soon. We've been blessed here in the poverty pocket.
fitz

Thanks yea I heard his area was pretty bad. Where is the poverty pocket ?

Hook":13buxq29 said:
Talking to Kenny today he said he's gotten decent rain

Its crazy they threatened rain all week I got less than a 1/4 inch its crazy may end up cutting most in silage.

fitz":12d4wlaq said:

fitz
WE were dry in June but things look real good now. Have had over 4.5 " in the last couple weeks with more coming tonight. Corn here is about the best I have ever seen it.

Where I am (Greene Co), we've been getting just enough to keep things green.

Was in Madison on Fri, things are looking okay up there as well.

Katherine

my view as i left my driveway.. looks like its going to rain but hasnt started yet i got 20 mins away its rained like crazy. it drizzled last night though

last night about 9:30 I took the dogs out and there was a spectacular light show north of us...it was far enough away that we could barely hear the rumbling but the lightening was intense and steady.....I stood in the yard and watched it for a while....

somebody got hammered with a storm.....

we had a little drizelly rain this morning when I left home but nothing significant....

pdfangus":tunuwpbx said:
last night about 9:30 I took the dogs out and there was a spectacular light show north of us...it was far enough away that we could barely hear the rumbling but the lightening was intense and steady.....I stood in the yard and watched it for a while....

somebody got hammered with a storm.....

we had a little drizelly rain this morning when I left home but nothing significant....

with me chesterfield colonial height and petersburg seem to be getting all the rain

just read that there was a tornado touchdown at a camp ground on the eastern shore last night....probably the same storm I saw and it moved east....

pdfangus":17pbvxa5 said:
just read that there was a tornado touchdown at a camp ground on the eastern shore last night....probably the same storm I saw and it moved east....

Wow thats insane. This weather lately had been pretty crazy. I haven't heard about the tornado on the news yet.

Latest posts