High tensile

Help Support CattleToday:

jj216

Reaction score
I only started using high tensile a few years ago.I did a few areas that were square and were straight runs and no problems.My question is,I want to do a run of only about 250 feet.It runs along a driveway in the shape of a C.I thought maybye I could just use some telephone poles cemented for the corners and one in the middle somewhere instead of building H braces for that short of a run.Would that work and what is the best way to run it in the curve.Also,should I still run it on the inside of my line post being in that sharp curve.Im sure I could figure it out but thought I might ask for some tips on this short curvy run .Thanks J.J.

My thinking is the H-braces aren't nearly as hard as pulling the posts and doing it right after they sag. The force on the H-brace is horizontal, with very little force trying to tip the posts. Without the brace, the force is trying to pull the top of the post in, and it will because it keeps pulling 24/7/365. Shouldn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes per post to brace, and then you never have to worry about it.

i am putting some high tensile wire up, and i had a small section where in curved. i just put 8ft post in and sunk them 3 ft in the ground. it saves a little time and money since you are using less posts. JMO

I thought it might make more since to pull on the outside on a curve.I will be using the 8ft wood post on this section (mainly because I think They look better and it will go up a section along the driveway to the house).I should probably put my corners in and then a few line post in cement ,then pull my guide wire to make sure its in the right shape I want,then go back and put the remaining line post in .Im going to put the horses in this 5acres around my new house so Ill probably only do 1 hotwire in the middle(they know what a hotwire is )Thanks for the comments so far,Keep them coming if you got some better advice or my thinking is wrong.

good luck with the fence project. i hope you don't have to hand dig all those hole. the ground sure is hard in NE Ga.

Nah,Ive got a hole digger for my tractor.Im in west central Ga.,the ground is hard but things been gettin a lil better lately,got an inch last week and could get some today so I sure aint complaining.Thanks for the advice J.J.

jj216":2ge7m48y said:
I thought it might make more since to pull on the outside on a curve.I will be using the 8ft wood post on this section (mainly because I think They look better and it will go up a section along the driveway to the house).I should probably put my corners in and then a few line post in cement ,then pull my guide wire to make sure its in the right shape I want,then go back and put the remaining line post in .Im going to put the horses in this 5acres around my new house so Ill probably only do 1 hotwire in the middle(they know what a hotwire is )Thanks for the comments so far,Keep them coming if you got some better advice or my thinking is wrong.

You won't have to worry about them pushing thru the fence with 1 hot wire, so it will not be necessary to pull the wires so tight. This should put less strain on the posts around the curve.

Latest posts