HI GUYS

Help Support CattleToday:

B WEIR

Reaction score
HI EVERYBODY,I HAVE BEEN READING THESE POSTS FOR MONTHS NOW AND FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN.YOU THINK YOU KNOW ALL THERE IS ABOUT RAISING CATTLE TILL YOU SEE LOTS OF STUFF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD OF.I CURRENTLY RUN A MOTLEY CREW OF CATTLE BUT I'M STARTING TO FOCUS ON TRYING TO GET ALL BLACK, SO ICAN RAISE A NICE SET OF STOCKERS FOR FALL AND A FEW CLUBBYS ALONG THE WAY.SO I HOPE YOU WILL BE EASY ON ME WITH MY STUPID QUESTIONS.

Welcome!

You might think about removing the cap's lock. All capital letters on a message board or in e-mails is considered shouting. :)

Welcome. I'm one of the younger ones of the boards :D
As msscamp said, I'd take off caps. It is considered shouting.:)

Welcome...no stupid questions, just ones that we don't know the answer to....
My dad's family farm was in Marysville somewhere between Belleville and Napanee...where I developed my not so fondness for Holsteins.
Dave Mc

Susie David":260wwqas said:
Welcome...no stupid questions, just ones that we don't know the answer to....
My dad's family farm was in Marysville somewhere between Belleville and Napanee...where I developed my not so fondness for Holsteins.
Dave Mc

Dave, what have you got against Holsteins?

Msscamp...all stems from bad positioning by one of my uncles in the milking barn. I was the junior assistant nipple passer at the time...all of about six or eight years old all dressed in my new bib overalls and engineer's hat. Uncle John had me stand just in the exact spot, or maybe I moved a bit, behind the cow that was being plugged up, and yes, she let go...filled the front of my bibs and sent me out of the barn screaming like the whole world had come down on me all the way up to the house and Aunt Maggie...no sympathy there either...she made me stand under the pump in the barn yard while I got washed. She did read John (her brother) the riot act.
Can't stand butter milk, another story thanks to Uncle Fred...and won't drink skim milk, it looks like the whey that would come back from the dairy and we would feed it to the hogs. Anyway, that's why I don't like Holsteins...could have been any dairy cow but thats what baptized me. Dave Mc

That is a great story! I know the feeling, unfortunately! I agree with you 100% on the skim milk, although I have no story behind my dislike of it. I simply dislike it! Too much like white colored water. Yuck! I prefer my milk to taste and look like milk. Yeah, those baptisms by fire are great, aren't they? ROFLMAO!!!

Welcome
Got B WEIR on the B E Z 2 list ;-)

Latest posts