Hi everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

Marie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello to all of you. I know some of you have been seeing me around the forum today after the change over. Here's what's happening. The forum was sold by M. Gravlee to a a couple of guys that are a small company that has a few forums. I help get the software set up for the members, things like permissions and such. And I visit with the forum almost everyday to make sure everything is going okay.

I will be making a thread somewhere, probably the CoffeeShop, showing you some of the details of how this software works. This is XenForo 2.2 version and is pretty neat.
I am Angie, and I do not have cattle but across from where I live is a small group of cattle and there is either cotton fields, corn, soybeans growing around me. So I'm out in the country with the darn city creeping out to turn everything into a subdivision!

Mod2 will still be doing the modding and doing what he did before the change over.

What this mean to you as a member. You will see some ads around the the forums area. And if you are logged in you can turn it off. Go to preference and down the page by about 1/3 and you can disable ads. https://www.cattletoday.com/account/preferences

And I hope that this is a better experience for you as members. On the How-To thread I start, I'll answer more operational questions there.

Nice to meet you, Angie

Thank you for the welcome. And I'll be checking for photos of your cattle and where they roam. Since this software is so photo friendly I hope to see some along the way. Now I have a little more tweaking to do.

So we are a commodity to be bought and sold?

Ken

Hi Ken - I didn't see your name on a contract or bill of sale. You are as free as you were last week.

Now the forum did change ownership. Do you think its bad that Macon received a little bit of money for providing the site for all the time he had it? After he paid for the software, and the server, etc.?

The couple of guys that bought this will make a little over break even over the long haul. Won't make a fortune but it will pay for the server, the upgraded software and a developer around in case something needs a fix, and such things as that.

There will be some ads, but I've shown you how to opt out of them, so that leaves the interesting people that have not joined yet. And if some of you keep the ads on, and click on one that you want to know more about, a few extra cents will come to the two guys.

So, are you a commodity to be bought and sold. Don't think so. You can come and go as you please. I hope you'll stay and keep enjoying the knowledge and friends you've found here. And I hope this software makes the experience nicer for you. I'll have to look at any photos you've posted to see your Australian country side and possible cattle that you keep.

I hope you have a good day.

Hi Angie, just beware of a certain land-bound bird on here. He is always in trouble! 🐧

Awwwww, thanks. This change is a shock to some. I remember when the first forum I was on was bought, and the feelings. But, as long as the mods stay the same and your friends stay the same, after a bit things keep on as they were before. It's all okay.

Hi Ken - I didn't see your name on a contract or bill of sale. You are as free as you were last week.

Now the forum did change ownership. Do you think its bad that Macon received a little bit of money for providing the site for all the time he had it? After he paid for the software, and the server, etc.?

The couple of guys that bought this will make a little over break even over the long haul. Won't make a fortune but it will pay for the server, the upgraded software and a developer around in case something needs a fix, and such things as that.

There will be some ads, but I've shown you how to opt out of them, so that leaves the interesting people that have not joined yet. And if some of you keep the ads on, and click on one that you want to know more about, a few extra cents will come to the two guys.

So, are you a commodity to be bought and sold. Don't think so. You can come and go as you please. I hope you'll stay and keep enjoying the knowledge and friends you've found here. And I hope this software makes the experience nicer for you. I'll have to look at any photos you've posted to see your Australian country side and possible cattle that you keep.

I hope you have a good day.
Yeh Angie, I'm just a grizzly old bastard that struggles with change but I'll work through it and survive. I really don't mind what has happened, just being a bit sarcastic.

Ken

Yeh Angie, I'm just a grizzly old bastard that struggles with change but I'll work through it and survive. I really don't mind what has happened, just being a bit sarcastic.

Ken

That's cool. Logging into a "home" forum and seeing all the changes can jolt one. Makes them look around to make sure they are in the right place.

Latest posts