Hi from South Carolina

Help Support CattleToday:

Thinking of starting out registered and then maybe doing both registered and commercial.
I'm thinking of eventually trying to sell some cows directly to consumer and cut out the packers

Use a commercial herd to produce direct-to-consumer beef.
Use a registered herd to produce seedstock to sell to other cattlemen and women.

Yon Family Farms has a fall sale on October 30, 2021.

Hi Kenny, you should be getting to Loris right at breakfast time. If your looking for a good place for breakfast try Ernie's Hometown Diner. It's right on Main Street in Loris.
The Loris pool hall used to be a great place for a hamburger steak plate. But that was a while back!

welcome to the forum. looks like you are well on your way to start your own livestock adventure. have not seen any advise on breeding back what ever you end up buying to start your herd so thought I would pitch in. when I started, I just wanted a few cows to keep the pastures down after getting out of the dairy business. I decided to use 100% AI to utilize some of the best bulls in the breed. regardless if you go registered or commercial, the bull(s) you use will make the greatest impact on your future herd whether you go AI or natural breeding. Good luck moving forward.

Latest posts