Hey Guy's and Gal's, I need

Help Support CattleToday:

tazzer

Reaction score
Yalls thoughts on a couple of calfs.

I going to be picking up 2 heifers and a bull calf around the 1sat of aug. and was wanting some thoughts on choosing the 2 ed heifer.

these are the 3 I'm choosing from and can only get one of the 3

all three where born this Feb. I have to check on calf #1 as she looks smaller then the other two.

all are sired by a black Angus bull

thanks everyone

calf 1

calf 2

calf 3

heres a pic with the two baldies together

another one of the tiger stripped

True Grit Farms":s0ewyc3m said:
The sire isn't a registered black Angus bull.

Im guessing he's either Angus or brangus. Ill get a pic of him this afternoon.
found some pic's i had of him.

I like 2. 1 is nice too. Brindle bring good money here cause everybody assumes they are F1 offspring. But I like the brangus look on the second one. Don't know where you are but that might hurt the value some where you are,

Craig Miller":1kajlfqd said:
I like 2. 1 is nice too. Brindle bring good money here cause everybody assumes they are F1 offspring. But I like the brangus look on the second one. Don't know where you are but that might hurt the value some where you are,

im in North East Texas.

this is all new to me and im tring to learn as much as I can :D

Son of Butch":2owz5ixs said:
IF you need a tie breaker on the day you select, go with the heifer from the dam you like best.
that sounds like a good ideal, Ill be sure and look the dams over good also

thanks

2 looks good from the side, but I think she's a little too narrow based and hard doing. 3 is too flanky and shallow. I would go with 1. More fleshing ability, maybe more moderate with more bone and good depth.

Son of Butch":1f0ukbyl said:
IF you need a tie breaker on the day you select, go with the heifer from the dam you like best.

My 1st impression was #2 probably bcs from her picture she appeared longer and larger than the others.
But when I enlarged the pictures... I think #1 is put together the best and would be my choice.
I would want to walk them around in person first to make a firm choice, but I'm thinking #1

Son of Butch":2wg8mhod said:
Son of Butch":2wg8mhod said:

My 1st impression was #2 probably bcs from her picture she appeared longer and larger than the others.
But when I enlarged the pictures... I think #1 is put together the best and would be my choice.
I would want to walk them around in person first to make a firm choice, but I'm thinking #1

well I went and look at them after work yesterday, the tiger stripe was the youngest.
Im going to go with the #2 calf i like her looks and think she will turn out some good looking calfs.

I may try and get the tiger also a little later down the road.

Latest posts