Heston 1070 baler

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
How old is such an animal likely to be?

I saw one this morning sitting in front of the place of a fellow I custom baled for last season. He's one of those guys who is never happy with a job. I felt I busted my tail extra hard just to please him but I guess he's now figuring he can do the work better than my crew.

Should be fun to watch. The baler looks older than I, and I'm no spring chicken. :D

whitewing":2l09t1kd said:

I saw one this morning sitting in front of the place of a fellow I custom baled for last season. He's one of those guys who is never happy with a job. I felt I busted my tail extra hard just to please him but I guess he's now figuring he can do the work better than my crew.

Should be fun to watch. The baler looks older than I, and I'm no spring chicken. :D

When he calls you for help I would remember that when you make him a price.

Cabo":246hwfj9 said:
whitewing":246hwfj9 said:

When he calls you for help I would remember that when you make him a price.

I've been waiting for just such an opportunity......and just gotta tell ya the story.

Last year I baled his place, 50/50. As we'd bale I'd either sell right out of the field or stack the bales on pallets and cover them with a tarp until the clients could arrive for pickup (as per our previous agreement). He asked that I sell his bales too, which I did, and then paid him twice weekly either in cash or by check. Each day, if he was at his place, I'd give him an update on the work we'd done and what I owed for bales of his I'd sold. If he wasn't there, I'd send him a text message with the info.

One day, near the end of the work, he stops me on the road out and says, "we need to square up the account". I responded, "oooookay, it's pretty square right now (up-to-date) but we can get together and go over the numbers if you'd like".

I got busy at my place for the next 2 days and didn't get a chance to meet with him. A client calls for bales one night. "Sure, I've got 400 or so at Yovani's, drive over and we'll load you up".

The client drives over an hour to pick up bales and when we get to Yovani's, the gate is locked (first time ever). I call Yovani and he says, "well, I won't be there till late today and no one else has a key, and besides, I told you we needed to square up the account".

What could I say? I was hacked. To me, he had no reason to take such a drastic step, but, the place is his. Anyway, we met, "squared" the account, and when I went to pick up my bales, he'd used about half of what was on the pallets for his cattle. :lol2: So, we squared again and I pulled my equipment out the next day.

I heard later he called my neighbor to finish baling his bermuda but it burned the same day they arrived with their equipment.

Are you sure of that model number on the baler? The only Heston 1070 that I can find is a mower conditioner.

Cabo":311pgehh said:
Are you sure of that model number on the baler? The only Heston 1070 that I can find is a mower conditioner.

Then it must be a mower-conditioner because that's definitely the number. The equipment is parked with other stuff and I couldn't get a very good view. I was sure though of the "Heston" and the number 1070.

Thanks for the effort Cabo! :tiphat:

Latest posts