Herefords on RFD

Help Support CattleToday:

If you want good doing polled herefords i have a recomendation and that would be Elkington Polled herefords in Idaho Falls, Idaho. good doing range ran cattle that are nice bagged animals i am always impressed with their cattle.

Courtney Herefords have damn fine cattle. Them bulls were bred to be used by ranchers in the big country. They were not intended to be sent back east to be put in with ten cows on 40 acres. They are breeding them for their country and their intended customer base.

I think that Elkington out in Idaho is a nice cowhred. Big sky country and beautiful views. What do you all think about Coopers in Montana and Holden Herefords in Montana? These are two of my favorite horned cowherds. Presently using a Cooper bull named CL 1 Domino 206M. His picture is on the Hereford website. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":2knkvp2h said:
I think that Elkington out in Idaho is a nice cowhred. Big sky country and beautiful views. What do you all think about Coopers in Montana and Holden Herefords in Montana? These are two of my favorite horned cowherds. Presently using a Cooper bull named CL 1 Domino 206M. His picture is on the Hereford website. :cboy:

I thought you were looking for a polled bull? Maybe next year is what you said. anyway how do the calves out of that bull do?
I have been wanting to try out 9126J but havent. I think Holdens and Coopers must have some of the best Horned Herefords in the breed but I have never been there so cant really say. I think for show you about have to have polled blood in the herfs, from what I have seen. I think the herford breeders need to step up on the plate (me included) to try and get some more rearend in them most seem to Hatchet a&&ed.

JHH

I bought a Poll Herford (dark Red) a few years back. My Cows are mostly Black. I've love the calves out of this bull. I calve in Feb. so I need a vigorous calf. They have been very vigorous and been gaining great in the feedlot. I've been keeping back those black white face Heifers as replacments. I'm going to have to get rid of him next year because I'll have too many of his Daughters in the Herd.

JHH":3058xavi said:
Hill Creek Farm":3058xavi said:

I thought you were looking for a polled bull? Maybe next year is what you said. anyway how do the calves out of that bull do?
I have been wanting to try out 9126J but havent. I think Holdens and Coopers must have some of the best Horned Herefords in the breed but I have never been there so cant really say. I think for show you about have to have polled blood in the herfs, from what I have seen. I think the herford breeders need to step up on the plate (me included) to try and get some more rearend in them most seem to Hatchet a&&ed.

JHH
I like to use Horned bulls on polled cows and horned cows on polled bulls. I only does this ususally when I am flushing cows. :cboy:

Latest posts