Hereford babies

Help Support CattleToday:

LFF

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of 2 and 3 week old calves for your viewing.
If you want, comment about what you think they will be best for : commercial beef , commerical breeding stock , registered breeding stock , or show calves. I know it too early to really tell , however it is always interesting trying to decide which calves are best at a very young age.

100_1210.jpg

100_1211.jpg

100_1214.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1216.jpg

100_1230.jpg

100_1220.jpg

100_1219.jpg

Yep, to early to tell, you can call them anything you want at this stage, but if I had to pick one that I would be keeping an eye on, it would be the third calf down, pictures 4 and 5.

Nice feminine commercial heifers. When they are to be joined they will need a masculine looking bull.
for our business they are too light boned and too light in colour. most Australian Herefords are very much darker, you have seen Australian bulls I've posted before.

nice calves :D

I guess for me its easier to pick out at this stage, the ones that DONT catch my eye, I dont particularly like pic #1, pic # 4 (calf 38? hard to read her tag), pic # 5 (I'm kinda tossing up with this one, think its the same calf as before, in this pic she looks ok, not great but ok), pic #6 (calf 39) is that a bull calf??

definitely the pic of the calves from these pics for me is 26, I know its a more attractive pose and she has a smoother coat than the others, and that does influence you a bit, but she seems to be a more solidly built calf, thicker bone, heavier muscle etc. but still pretty well structured and feminine.

Cute calves anyway, I dont care what colour they are, yellow or dark red, they are still beautiful herefords.

What bulls are they out of LFF?

Have to add that i agree with rocket on that young bull.. very thick and masculine.

Baldie Maker":1zw61sou said:
What bulls are they out of LFF?

Have to add that i agree with rocket on that young bull.. very thick and masculine.

To answer yours and Keren's question...39 is from LFF Chester U8 and he is a bull calf.

The calf that you and rocket say to keep a eye on is from Huth Full House N003

The 26 calf is from Huth Prospecter N065

The first picture and the last picture is from Full House N003

Latest posts