Here kitty kitty

Help Support CattleToday:

Do any of these have domestic cat in them? We don't have any native cats however feral cats have become a problem, mostly decimating small native wildlife. By breeding in the wild some of these have become quite a size.

Ken
Do you have any kind of bounty on them?

We don't blow big holes in the Bobcats here. They are worth too much money. There is a huge difference in the fur and coloring based on regions. Our cats are worth $300-$400 for the nice big ones.

Maybe you just need @coachg 's 270.
Even in this town that might be frowned on... But I've shot a lot of domestic cats. I was only three miles out of town in SD and I'd see cars stop at the top of my 1/4 mile long driveway and then turn around and go back to town, and I know they were dropping off cats. I had nine show up one week. The closest county shelter was 25 miles away so that wasn't feasible, even if I could have trapped them and done several at a time. Besides, I know enough about shelters that I know they would have been euthanized anyhow. Personally, I think a quick, surprise death was more humane than being trapped, caged, transported, and then caged again until they were killed with gas.

Even in this town that might be frowned on... But I've shot a lot of domestic cats. I was only three miles out of town in SD and I'd see cars stop at the top of my 1/4 mile long driveway and then turn around and go back to town, and I know they were dropping off cats. I had nine show up one week. The closest county shelter was 25 miles away so that wasn't feasible, even if I could have trapped them and done several at a time. Besides, I know enough about shelters that I know they would have been euthanized anyhow. Personally, I think a quick, surprise death was more humane than being trapped, caged, transported, and then caged again until they were killed with gas.
A good friend of mine lives in town. He uses a .22 with subsonic rounds to shoot stray cats off their garbage cans.

A good friend of mine lives in town. He uses a .22 with subsonic rounds to shoot stray cats off their garbage cans.
LOL... I've shot one in town. But mostly I put out a live trap just before we intend to go for a hike in the mountains about 20 miles away. I've trapped as many as three cats between 5 PM and when we leave the next morning, and I have a larger cage I can put them in so the trap is freed up. I turn them loose up in the Ponderosa/aspen forest and I figure they have plenty of stuff to hunt until they meet one of the local cougars or bobcats.

Do any of these have domestic cat in them? We don't have any native cats however feral cats have become a problem, mostly decimating small native wildlife. By breeding in the wild some of these have become quite a size.

Ken
Yes, occassionally a female cat will get bred to a bobcat. Young males that have been run out of a territory, and forced into the burbs, mostly. You don't see it as much as you used to, because bobcat habitat is disappearing so rapidly.

Latest posts