Here kitty kitty

Help Support CattleToday:

Last winter our neighbor on a property that has a right of way through our farm had a cat like that coming in her yard and one point she said it was on her back porch.

I always planned on taking a lynx and having it mounted. Preferably displayed with a ruffy under a paw. Then I discovered killing a lynx is more like conducting an execution than a hunt, so have never been able to take one. They just sit there and stare at you with big wide eyes, I can't do it lol.

I have always had a lot of bobcats but most people will never see any.
They are around, I've never seen one, but have heard them a few times over the years. Couple different neighbors have seen them.
Friends in another county, said he hadn't seen any either, but when he let some Amish do some trapping they got two.

I always planned on taking a lynx and having it mounted. Preferably displayed with a ruffy under a paw. Then I discovered killing a lynx is more like conducting an execution than a hunt, so have never been able to take one. They just sit there and stare at you with big wide eyes, I can't do it lol.
Thank you, Silver!

Not what you western guys deal with with Mtn lions but our biggest cat . Saved a turkey poult or two and maybe some rabbits and fawns . View attachment 38270
Here in Montana, we love seeing bobcats alive. We have plenty of turkeys and smaller rodents, but not many rabbits. Bobcats seldom kill deer fawns - not near as many as roaming dogs do.

I've seen quite a few. Seen four in the same spot a few years ago, momma one day and her over half grown kittens the next. They're pretty elusive.

North Central Minnesota here, have bobcats and one of the area residents had a cougar on their trail came last year. Neighbor just north of my property had a Timber Wolf at his stock pond this fall.

Do any of these have domestic cat in them? We don't have any native cats however feral cats have become a problem, mostly decimating small native wildlife. By breeding in the wild some of these have become quite a size.

Ken

Latest posts