Hemp

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms said:
kenny thomas said:
Richnm said:
We found a partner because we know nothing about hemp. He is supplying clones and has an extraction company. We agreed on a $figure per pound of flower. It is very easy to sell. I haven't heard about grinding it up or baleing it. Fiber is much less money than cbd. Fiber is about $300 a ton , close to alfalfa money. CBD is closer to $50-$100k an acre
I hope you got collateral before you start because if it's worth 100k an acre every farmer in the US will grow it and flood the market. It will be worth less than it cost to harvest then.

Probably some government welfare tied into it somewhere, and if not the farmers will get bailed out. What part of Hemp is food? Brownies maybe?

Grit, have you read how its going to work in Georgia? They are only going to allow three farms and the bidding for the permit for one of these three licenses starts at $100,000 and it is NONREFUNDABLE if you don't get a contract. AND, if you do get a license you have to pay the $100,000 every year for the privilege of the state allowing you to grow hemp.

I'm sure there will be no politics or kickbacks involved in awarding these three licenses but I don't think it would hurt if you played golf with your congressman.

https://www.allongeorgia.com/georgia-state-politics/georgia-hemp-regulation-proposal-among-most-restrictive-in-the-nation/

Jogeephus said:
True Grit Farms said:
kenny thomas said:
I hope you got collateral before you start because if it's worth 100k an acre every farmer in the US will grow it and flood the market. It will be worth less than it cost to harvest then.

Probably some government welfare tied into it somewhere, and if not the farmers will get bailed out. What part of Hemp is food? Brownies maybe?

Grit, have you read how its going to work in Georgia? They are only going to allow three farms and the bidding for the permit for one of these three licenses starts at $100,000 and it is NONREFUNDABLE if you don't get a contract. AND, if you do get a license you have to pay the $100,000 every year for the privilege of the state allowing you to grow hemp.

I'm sure there will be no politics or kickbacks involved in awarding these three licenses but I don't think it would hurt if you played golf with your congressman.

https://www.allongeorgia.com/georgia-state-politics/georgia-hemp-regulation-proposal-among-most-restrictive-in-the-nation/

As if we don't have enough problems already.

Going to start growing hemp here in Newton county texas next spring. My son and daughter in law will finance and grow it on my property. They are currently in northern California growing marijuana for a man, so they have the know how. They want to move back here anyway. He says we will make 18 to 21000 per acre, so we will see. I'm getting electricity run back on the property to run a well for irrigation. If it pans out, I could pay off everything and retire early :pop:

No crop insurance this year, might be in the future. Everyone on there own till then. Might be able to get wind and hail but it is useless anyway.

Based on this article, Sunn Hemp's window to produce N as well as offer a forage benefit is narrow. Hope this helps...

The article is on SARE . Org but it won't let me hyperlink.

Needs to be baled or selectively grazed within 4 weeks of planting.

Latest posts