Help

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what bull this cane could be from:

36AN697
I was working on our semen inventory and found this one but don't have any idea where or when I put it in the tank.
any help would be appreciated.

Gizmom

I looked up all of the NAAB stud codes and 36 is no longer active and it doesn;t show who they were. If You're real fast you should be able to read the bulls name (an angus) on the straw

Dun,

Thanks for checking for me I will pull it and see what I can see hey maybe I have a frozen gold mine in my tank! Naw with my luck it will be a bull that tanked and I was the only one silly enough to buy semen on him.

Gizmom

The stud that had the 36 code still exists, at least as of last year - North American Breeders Inc. They are a small custom collection company. Their e-mail: [email protected]. Otherwise a search on the net will get you the phone number. Email them and see what you find out. Let us know if you figure it out!

I found it the straw is Forever Raymond 13009185
I don't think I ever used him his milk went south but he was a good looking sucker.

Ok here is another one AN160 Woodhill Alliance anyone remember him and if you do a registration number I can't find him either. Thanks again for the help I am really trying to get my tanks inventoried. really not bad considering three tanks and so far only a few oops'es.

Gizmom

As much as it sucks, your best bet with dealing with a fast moving breed like angus is to take anything that you don't readily recognise and toss it... It's yesterdays news.

I don't know about that CP they may come back strong look at some of the old bulls that folks had turned their backs on in the breed now everyone is looking for semen on them. Go try to buy some 707 and at one point he had declined in popularity. The good ones will always be good. If I can identify them and I have space in the tank I am going to keep um.

I just found some B/R New Dimension 7127 in one of the tanks he is an old bull should I throw it out?

Gizmom

Interesting. I just looked at the NAAB databases and one shows them the other doesn;t.

P.O. Box 228, 1075 West Main Street
Berryville, VA
(540)955-3647

gizmom,
Don't know where you're heading with your breeding program, but the 7127 is not one I'd throw away. Lot of good stuff behind him.
WW epd may not be all that great, but if you're looking to improve carcass quality, he looks like he'd make a good contribution - top 1% of the breed for REA and in the top 15% for marbling; Rishels have been selecting heavily for tenderness, as well, and I'd bet he's carrying a lot of the tenderness gene markers to boot.
Oughta make some good steers - and probably some pretty good mama cows, as well.

Woodhill Alliance 11773833 born in 92, a 6807 son out of a 2100 daughter of GT Traveler 58
Thats about all I found on him. @

Lucky P, I was just being a smarty pants there is no way I would throw out that semen I am holding on to it and may someday have a cow that I want to flush to the bull. CP had said I should just throw away some of the semen because of the way the breed was changing I was responding to that comment. Granted there are some old bulls that after enough data was collected on them they should have never been in an AI stud but I don't think 7127 is one of them.

AudieWyoming,

Thanks that is more than I found and will help me a bunch.

Thanks
http://www.gizmoangus.com

Latest posts