Help with cattle identification

Help Support CattleToday:

ezibitn82

Reaction score
I need some help identifying the cattle in the attached picture. I believe there may be more than one breed in the picture possibly simmental and im not sure what. You're help would be much appreciated.
Cattle1.jpg

The cow on the right from looking at the picture looks to be Brown Swiss, and I would say the black cows as leggy as they are have some Holstein in them and probably Angus. The cow in front has some ear and her body style could be a Beefmaster.

I believe what you have there is what we call .........a dog from every town..

and yes i am being a smartazz

the red does look like some of our old red sims. But unless you know where they came from it might be impossible to ever tell...

The black cows could be beefmaster cross for all I know. That Jersey like cow could be either Brahman cross or Jersey cross. To me, all cows have Brahman in them. Otherwise they are just mongrels.

3waycross":gasprhx8 said:
I believe what you have there is what we call .........a dog from every town..

and yes i am being a smartazz
Yep..in my pasture they're lovingly referred to as "mongrels". :lol2:

The only thing wrong with those "mongrels" is I didn't see a thick, heavily muscled polled continental bull on them. Those calf raisers can be quite profitable if bred right. I heard an old cattleman say, "Son, we keep score with dollar bills".

Latest posts