Help Support CattleToday:

gabbyellepaige

Reaction score
I have no clue about reading EPDs so if I could get some help reading mine
here it is.
Thank you.
EPD.png

I'll give it a shot...

Looks like you're a 2-yr old Charolais heifer with no BW, WW, or YW reported or recorded.
Your EPDs are projected estimations(no accuracy) based upon epds of ancestors in your pedigree: CE of 3.5 places you in the 50th percentile of the breed for that trait(half the animals in the breed have CE higher than yours, half have CE lower), BW epd of 1.1 places you at the 60th percentile(40% have a higher BW epd, 59% have a lower BW epd), etc.

The milk looks a little low, but it is a little deceiving. Somewhere around 6 or 7 would put you at 50%. I don't think you or her calves will ever notice what her milk epd is. Her overall numbers look to be very balanced.

Has she calved yet?

CSM

CSM":2k6yjljf said:
The milk looks a little low, but it is a little deceiving. Somewhere around 6 or 7 would put you at 50%. I don't think you or her calves will ever notice what her milk epd is. Her overall numbers look to be very balanced.

Has she calved yet?

CSM
She's due in the middle of January.
How is it a little deceiving?

Her milk epd is 3 which is at 80% or in other words, 80% of the breed is estimated to rank above her, but the breed average is around 6 or 7. So there is very little actual difference between the breed average and her current epd of 3. I have seen the pictures you posted, everyone would be proud to have her in their field.

CSM

Latest posts