Hello

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while. Still messing around with livestock, but haven't been able to make it a full time job. Considering bottle calves or meat goats as my next venture. Bought a house with a barn on 2 acres so grazing is limited. With no grazing and high corn price my options are limited, but I need to get back in the game.

Haven't seen you here in ages.

With the size of your place, I'd go with the goats, especially if there's a strong market for them in your area. if I am not mistaken, goats (meat) should sell well almost anywhere in the state of NY. (being serious, not sarcastic)

Katherine

Western Ny is 7 hours from NYC. Meat goat kids sell for $2.25/#1. I would like to buy just about any nonpygmy goat and breed it boer. The market has gone crazy here over the last year. I wanted to go big. but I bought a house.... I am still interested in buying bottle calve also but have had huge profits and losses. I am leaning toward doing both and a pullet operation also. I could have made a lot of money 10 years ago, less opertunitty now

Latest posts