Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice ladies Gizmom! I would be very proud of them too. You guys are doing an excellent job!

Great heifers! Who are the majority of them sired by?
This is where the boss goes nuts with me lol. I don't just use one or two bulls each breeding season I pick bulls that I think will complement or improve a cow in some way, which means I sorta kinda get a bit anal about my breeding selections. I confess I could probably do with a few bulls what I do with many but call me crazy I love seeing the results. The group of heifers total 31 representing 14 different sires. The largest groups represented would be our herd bulls Gizmo D Boss D45 has 6, Upchurch/Gizmo Regard 1701 has 4 and Giz Sensation F51 has 4. The Charlo brothers are represented with 2 Rainfall, 1Reign, 3 Raindance my favorite out of the entire group is the only Charlo we have this year she is a beast not big framed just a whole lot of heifer in a moderate package she had a ww weight of 592 and yw of 851 I like her a bunch. There are several ET calves in the group the Charlo is out of our 0524 the Raindance are out of our SAV Abigail donor as well as 3 Quarterbacks out of the Abigail cow. the rest are a hodgepodge Coleman EXT 6149 (my most favorite bull we have ever owned) SAV Regard Gizmo Bella's Abundance F27, Musgrave Exclusive (this calf was in a cow when purchased and is probably the weakest heifer in the bunch) The quarterbacks look really good but my favorite is still the Charlo.

I was actually curious how many of them were out of Charlo and you answered my question.

I remember you really liking him

How do you like Rainfall. I've been wanting to use him the last couple of years. My local rep didn't have any available the first year i wanted to use him. So ended up using a son (True North) of his last year and his first calves hit the ground this fall. So far I'm liking what I see. Time will tell.

How do you like Rainfall. I've been wanting to use him the last couple of years. My local rep didn't have any available the first year i wanted to use him. So ended up using a son (True North) of his last year and his first calves hit the ground this fall. So far I'm liking what I see. Time will tell.
I only have two heifers to compare one had a ww of 592 and a yw of 892 she is going to be real nice. The other is just a heifer lower end of the group for performance about 100 LBS lighter at both ww and yw. I really like the phenotype of the bigger heifer and the lighter heifer is very similar just smaller. i Think we have one or two Rainfall bulls we will be getting yearling measurements on them tomorrow so I will have a bit more data to look at.

Bless their hearts they look like they need something to eat 😳 That's a soggy bunch for sure ! I know that's the way you like them !

I'm with you. I like to breed "a bull" to "a cow". So, I used way too many bulls each breeding season.
Your video is not available to me, but I know they must look great. You are a breeder I really appreciate your cattle. Great job all the time.

Latest posts