Heifer Wrangle

Help Support CattleToday:

Misty

Reaction score
My son (Luke) caught a heifer at the FFA day heifer wrangle contest at National Western Stockshow. :D :D :D :clap: :clap: Question for the CO crowd;
Who in Meeker is a huge sponsor of the program? His sponsor is from Meeker and he is going to get his heifer February 10th.

I am anxious to see her.

Misty

We don't know. I haven't really had a chance to talk with his ag advisor to find out who the sponsor is to contact. I noticed that all of last years heifer wrangle class at the state fair were red in the picture's I have seen. So maybe Red Angus or something.
We will know the 10th!!!

So, someone gives them a calf or do you get money to go towards purchasing a calf. Just wondering, all of the scrambles here in Texas, that I'm familiar with, give money to go towards the purchase of a calf. Better yet, if you don't catch at Ft. Worth, you get a new pair of Justin Boots!

Congrats anyway.

A sponsor actually gives them a heifer. He has to write/correspond with the sponsor monthly. Send pictures quarterly, breed the heifer, show her at the state fair in a special heifer wrangle class. After she calves successfully, she becomes his to keep.
If at any time he doesn't abide by the rules, the sponsor may come and take the heifer.
Our particular sponsor told him on Tuesday that he would provide the semen for the breeding. Normally, the kid has to.
Pretty good deal for the kid.
I am anxious to see her.
Misty

Latest posts