Heifer in with steers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Mcp220

Reaction score
Just picked up what should have been 4 young steers, but I messed the #'s up and they loaded a heifer and 3 steers. Oops! My question is - will she be ok being mixed in with all steers? If this is a dumb question, I do apologize in advance 🙄 Thank you!!

Hpacres440p

Reaction score
Just picked up what should have been 4 young steers, but I messed the #'s up and they loaded a heifer and 3 steers. Oops! My question is - will she be ok being mixed in with all steers? If this is a dumb question, I do apologize in advance 🙄 Thank you!!
You’ll know when she’s cycling...

Ky hills

Reaction score
I run heifers and steers together.
It’s not uncommon to get heifer in with a group of steers or vice versa. I’ve even gotten a steer in with some heifers through a sale where they are graded individually.

OP
Mcp220

Mcp220

Reaction score
Did you pay steer price for the heifer? Did you buy them at a sale or is this from a private party? The heifer should have been 15-20 cents back off steer price.
Was private party - and they're little ones. Just weaned. So The price was right for them all together. Not a huge deal. The guy was good about it - We'll more than likely be buying from him again. He offered to refund some $$, but told him we can just work it out the next time around. It was a bit chaotic pulling 4 out of about 25 of them to load up!

Latest posts