Heifer cycling at 4 months

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I have a heifer cycling at 4 months old. I had to beat the bull off of her and put her and her momma in a different pasture. The little hussy kept coming back to the fence teasing the bull. I have never seen one cycle this early. She is in full heat with discharge etc.

HOSS":20vzxr9k said:
I have a heifer cycling at 4 months old. I had to beat the bull off of her and put her and her momma in a different pasture. The little hussy kept coming back to the fence teasing the bull. I have never seen one cycle this early. She is in full heat with discharge etc.

Well .....you wanted Gelbvieh's now you got em.........Actually that just seems to be part of the GV deal. Like has been said here before you probably should give her a shot of Lute when you wean if she is around any intact bull calves also.

Fertile little buggers aren't they?

HOSS":n5ifd1ws said:
I have witnessed 4 different heifers in the last week stand for the bulls between 4-5 months of age. These are Brangus x Char.

3waycross":1fn1cvkk said:
HOSS":1fn1cvkk said:

Well .....you wanted Gelbvieh's now you got em.........Actually that just seems to be part of the GV deal. Like has been said here before you probably should give her a shot of Lute when you wean if she is around any intact bull calves also.

Might have to consider going with some of those problematic limi crosses ;-)

Re: Heifer cycling at 4 months
by Stocker Steve » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:39 am

3waycross wrote:
HOSS wrote:

Might have to consider going with some of those problematic limi crosses

Yea I only had 2 of those Problematic Limi`s calve at 17 months from my last years heifer group. But I dont raise the racehorse tight gutted looking ones like they talked about on the other post. :lol: :lol:

Circle H Ranch

3waycross":1a1bhxap said:
HOSS":1a1bhxap said:

She has a little Jersey in her too which probably don't help matters when it comes to fertility.

Latest posts