Heifer #37 decided to calve

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
There's only 4 inches or so of snow down in the pastures 23 miles from here. Got there and had a baby bull calf nursing #37. They both look great. #28 and #31 are bagging and springing. No wind and the temp was around 35, expected to be 31 over night in DFW. Probably 28 here. To bad she didn't hold off until tomorrow but they all should be fine. 9 new calves were all bedded up together in an old hay feed spot. I hope the new one finds them and joins in. Put out 9 round bales.

backhoeboogie":3590nfhc said:
There's only 4 inches or so of snow down in the pastures 23 miles from here. Got there and had a baby bull calf nursing #37. They both look great. #28 and #31 are bagging and springing. No wind and the temp was around 35, expected to be 31 over night in DFW. Probably 28 here. To bad she didn't hold off until tomorrow but they all should be fine. 9 new calves were all bedded up together in an old hay feed spot. I hope the new one finds them and joins in. Put out 9 round bales.

What did you expect Boogie....a storm hits...everybody decides to try to calve. :lol:

We've been having worse weather TB. With that wind laying, it really aint so bad.

This heifer is a dark brindle out of one of my brindled cows. An F-3. 23 1/2 months old. The only thing that disappoints me is her udder size. She doesn't appear to be a good milker. She's mothering the heck out of that calf tho. She's a nice one except for that udder. It would be tough to cull her but it looks as tho there won't be much choice.

I had several bagging up yesterday as well haven't even checked they are in a thicket in the back pasture, and I aint about to step on top of new Brangus calf in that tight of a spot. I will just see what # 4 and # 54 bring out.
#4 is sixteen and I am not real worried about her she just growls # 54 ain't playing with anybody when it comes to her calf.

backhoeboogie":1zk8jfu0 said:
We've been having worse weather TB. With that wind laying, it really aint so bad.

This heifer is a dark brindle out of one of my brindled cows. An F-3. 23 1/2 months old. The only thing that disappoints me is her udder size. She doesn't appear to be a good milker. She's mothering the heck out of that calf tho. She's a nice one except for that udder. It would be tough to cull her but it looks as tho there won't be much choice.

Boogie...I bet Miss Brindle makes you proud...that calf will grow like rip.

Latest posts