Heated waterer suggestions,

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
Looking at replacing a heated waterer. Does anyone have a Brower or Pride of the farm plastic waterers ? I believe they are the same exceot for color. They are about $450 or so. Anything would be better than the 30 + year old metal waterer I`m replacing.

I have Ritchie and JUG plastic heated waterers and an energy free Cobett. They all have plusess and minuses. However, in all cases I'd mention the following:

* How cold does it get?
* How deep of a riser tube can you have (how deep is your water line)?
* Install a riser tube with the largest diameter insulated tube that would still work with the waterer.
* make sure that you can get your hands/arms into the service access

have you considered an energy free water? I replaced all my electric heater waterers years ago and would probably never go back. the only time my electric heaters failed was when it was freezing cold outside.

have you considered an energy free water? I replaced all my electric heater waterers years ago and would probably never go back. the only time my electric heaters failed was when it was freezing cold outside.
I have had 3 Behlen 4 hole energy free waterers and they have never frozen in the past 15 years. I'm about 45 minutes south of Chattanooga.

Latest posts