Heat

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
This continious 100 degree days has taken a toll on me. I no longer have the ambition or energy to get out and do hardly anything. I firmly believe it's making this old fart lazy. :mad:

Cal

Don't beat your self up, Cal. I can't handle heat nearly as well as I used to, and we don't get it nearly as bad as you folks down there. I still have to work in it, so I've learned to pace myself and drink lots of water. Even then I'm exausted at the end of the day.

Calman":hqj0e5st said:
This continious 100 degree days has taken a toll on me. I no longer have the ambition or energy to get out and do hardly anything. I firmly believe it's making this old fart lazy. :mad:

Cal

No you are in gloom, despair, deep dark depression and excessive misery like the rest of us. :lol2:
Well maybe not all of us.

Caustic Burno":2lvvpuyb said:
Calman":2lvvpuyb said:

Cal

No you are in gloom, despair, deep dark depression and excessive misery like the rest of us. :lol2:
Well maybe not all of us.
Right...not all of us but you can add me to the group. It's too hot to even pee off the patio. :cowboy:

It was a 100 here today. The heat index was something like 105. The Jo index was 150. It seems whenever the dog days arrive I've just had about enough of the heat. Its not that its any hotter its just I've had my bait of it if you know what I mean. And I'm really let down by a few people who didn't show to pull concrete when I even had gone to the trouble of reserving tools for them. :lol2:

I was there with you in spirit joe. I figured you had it licked with all the mexicans you hired, but you went and got em all drunk. Don't mind the 1 inch out of spec in the center tho. Just figure its a good spot to sink a drain pipe. 2 " pipe oughtta do it
:hide: :banana:

Yesterday

110deg.jpg

Its got to the point if we can't get concrete by 7 am we wait until the next day to pour. It's bad but we are on the down hill side now.. a few more weeks and ill be in my bow stand waiting on muy grande to walk by ...

Brute 23":1qr08ly3 said:
Yesterday

110deg.jpg
Brute.....I was on my way to Taylor Sunday afternoon....mine read 114. Been noticing lots of alligators laying around on the highways these days....

1982vett":1ff5tfxu said:
Brute 23":1ff5tfxu said:
Yesterday

110deg.jpg
Brute.....I was on my way to Taylor Sunday afternoon....mine read 114. Been noticing lots of alligators laying around on the highways these days....

I've also noticed a lot of soft spots in the blacktop roads too.

Cal

I believe it on the black top. Even the wind was hot. Felt like you were standing in front of a blow dryer. I get what I have to done by noon and then shut it down. :nod:

They were showing it down in the 90s toward the end of the week (Wed-Wed) with 40 and 60 per chances of rain. Every day they lower the chance of rain and raise the temperature. :x

You fellows make me really enjoy southern Indiana. My son has worked up some fescue sod over the past 3 weeks and have pretty well killed it with the dry weather here. He's worked on an MF 33 grain drill and have it set up to sow orchard grass and timothy. Its 12 acres that the local church has that hasn't been worked in 40 years but after sub soiling it and discing it several times he took a chain harrow to level it. I think he has gotten it in pretty good shape for a first timer. With rain expected this weekend it should be a good time to get it sowed down in some decent grasses.

JSCATTLE":2h1xumc8 said:
Its got to the point if we can't get concrete by 7 am we wait until the next day to pour. It's bad but we are on the down hill side now.. a few more weeks and ill be in my bow stand waiting on muy grande to walk by ...
And wearing a tee-shirt and short. Shouldn't have to worry about skeeters tho. :lol2:

TexasBred":3u1as998 said:
JSCATTLE":3u1as998 said:
And wearing a tee-shirt and short. Shouldn't have to worry about skeeters tho. :lol2:
Not many flies this year either......guess we don't have enough moisture to make a maggot....

1982vett":3u2ukezh said:
TexasBred":3u2ukezh said:
[Not many flies this year either......guess we don't have enough moisture to make a maggot....

That's what I thought right up until this week. We went from virtually no flies to a mess of flies along with a gazillion horse flies. What's up with all the horse flies? I hate those little biting ba$tards! :x

Latest posts