Headgate

Help Support CattleToday:

john s":2ig474af said:
I Got Lucky Bought one off CL for $100.00 Yesterday never used what a bargain :banana:

That was an excellent buy even if it had been used. Congrats. I don't need one but would have bought that one for that price.

I have had some bad experiences with that type. I much prefer the Preifert automatic, if they only touch it they can't open it and walk out.

Cabo":2f14xhj3 said:
I have had some bad experiences with that type. I much prefer the Preifert automatic, if they only touch it they can't open it and walk out.

Guess we all can have bad experiences. I loved mine. Had a few cows back up and I'd miss them but never had it open outward by accident and cause me to lose a cow.

I've got that auto catch on the squeeze and the biggest problem I have is it not catching them. It will lol one side of the door but sometimes not both, and then they can back up. I've never had it let them through

hooknline":2rdwrl2w said:
I've got that auto catch on the squeeze and the biggest problem I have is it not catching them. It will lol one side of the door but sometimes not both, and then they can back up. I've never had it let them through
Need to tightin up the wing nut on top so that it is closed more when set in the catch postion. Keeps from only one door getting caught.

I really like that kind of auto catch, the young calves really like to make slam... :lol2:

That's what i'm talking about. I like to adjust it so it's just a couple inch wider then their head on each side.
8508044747_9eae4c1bba_z.jpg

Latest posts