filson headgate

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Looking around in the barn I found a filson heavy duty automatic head gate that I bought about 10 years ago and never installed. I has some light surface rust but in great shape. It has been under cover since new. Any idea what it is worth? It don't look like I am going to ever use it so I might as well throw it on craigslist.

I picked up one for $150. Self catch. Gray. Red handle on chain etc. Forward reverse spring latch plate on top allows it to work in either direction.

Perfect for this little operation at the house in an interim situation. There are never more than a few here. Usually nurse cows or something that needs daily attention. Only 15 acres here.

I'd pay $150 again if I needed one. Heavy duty and it will hold the biggest of bulls. You can't buy the steel and build one yourself for that price. If you need something stronger than a medina for absolute catch isolation, that will do it. I could bring an old squeeze here, but there's no need to do so with that Filson here.

I would not want to work a herd with a unit like that. For what I use it for, it's perfect. Now that I've worked it, I might have paid more.

Be sure to tell the person who buys it to keep it shut and latched when not in use. I found a 10 month heifer self caught once.

M5farm":1093krcj said:
What did you pay new?

I didn't buy it new. It was very slightly used. I cant remember what I payed. It was a package deal for it with some other stuff.

HOSS":v9ope50x said:
M5farm":v9ope50x said:
What did you pay new?

I didn't buy it new. It was very slightly used. I cant remember what I payed. It was a package deal for it with some other stuff.

I would advertise at 600 if it were me and Take no less than 400. 00. That should be a steal for someone and move quick.

M5farm":2o42l8fw said:
HOSS":2o42l8fw said:
M5farm":2o42l8fw said:
What did you pay new?

I would advertise at 600 if it were me and Take no less than 400. 00. That should be a steal for someone and move quick.

So I guess I got a good deal? :) Hoss I can send you a pic of mine you want. I hope you come out on it if you don't need it. Turn it to cash.

I found new ones online for 675.00 so I would probably do ok asking 400 for it. I could apply that cash towards a new toy that goes bang :)

HOSS":2yjieanq said:
I found new ones online for 675.00 so I would probably do ok asking 400 for it. I could apply that cash towards a new toy that goes bang :)

I didn't search for the price and with that info ask 500 and you have some room to dicker.

Latest posts