Hay Traps

Help Support CattleToday:

Endebt,
We were just kidding around.Hope you were not insulted in the least bit! Just had to take advantage of the spelling error. glad to have you here. Guess you owe me and Dun one...

I am just getting around to reading this and boy am I glad I did! Just a rotten day but this sure cheered me up. :D It's good to know that we can have a little fun like this without hurting anyone. :D

you guys and gilrls don't worry my day will come. ha!!ha! just wanted to say thanks for the help on tarps.

endebt":nhsq1h2h said:
you guys and gilrls don't worry my day will come. ha!!ha! just wanted to say thanks for the help on tarps.
endebt, You could make some real good money with a hay trap and post hole dealership. Demand is real good for both right now,and we expect for demand to improve coming into the spring and summer.

dun":1kkd4rtg said:
Never thought of having it mounted. We processed it through a heifer and we're already eating it. It was a pretty simple stalk, it was just resting out in the field and a stabbed it with the tractor. Didn;t want to disturb the neighbors. I wasn't sure if it was open season for hay or not.

dun

So in other words you neaked up on your trophy...have you submitted its stats to Coone & Sprocket.. Who knows you might have an Ozark record.Perhaps you too could be featured on the cover of the next Hay Trapper 2005.I can see it now the fame , the endorsements...the publicity...The hay rights people :lol2:

I tried that neaking up on them once. I got the shakes and couldn't do it. Dad said I had hay fever and I would grow out of it with more experience. :(

Thank goodness some people have a good sense of humor here, thanks endebt
Poorboy

I'm Dun's Agent. This is an itenerary for the 2005 schedule.

Deer, Turkey and Hay Trapping Expo. Venue to be announced.

Book Signing at mall of the America's Come get your autographed copy titled: From the "Sand Trap to the Hay Trap", a rags to riches story.

Pay per view on Outdoor channel" My sucessful strategies for tracking Monster Rolls" Bonus my 10 secrets of busting thru poly twine.

Celebrity Outdoors, Dun and Larry the Cable Guy spear a humongous 5x6.Actual footage of a nude midget appearing to pop out of this HUGE roll.Rated BS as some "broom sage" may be seen.

May 6th 2005 Convention at Opryland Hotel , Nashville, TN. for all NHTA (national hay trappers association)members, we'll be selling T-shirts, jackets, posters,decals,and a full line of Hay Trapping accesories, meet Dun himself and share your stories.

Finally a full formal sit down formal supper at Chuckie Cheese's, location will be announced at convention.Sponsored by New Holland and John Deere, for anyone that don't like their food, Kubota will furnish a full oriental buffet.

Finally a last word, dun is available for booking at FFA meetings, local sportsman societies, weddings,weenie roasts,etc. please book early at least 2 years in advance, he's gonna be busy.

Workinonit Farm":gkmtr4h5 said:
Ya know, I was goping to "jump" all over that first post, glad I didn't. You all have been far funnier than I could have been.
Thanks for the much needed laughs. :lol2: :lol2:

Katherine
====================

Opportunities for a bit of humor is all around us. :shock: ..guess we need to stop and smell the roses a lttle n order to see. ;-) ..free up the mind. :lol:

I have to admit I was on the 3rd response..I think...before I got tuned. LOL...LOL. A good thread. :lol:

I didn't "bite" all this time, but I was on a different thread & someone was razzing about Dun being stuck on this thread, so I decided to check it out. You guys/gals have a great imagination. Very creative - good chuckle. Thanks.
By the way - THE SUN IS SHINING - forgot what it looked like. Several counties around (including ours) were in a state of emergency because of flooding. Had lots of snow on the ground & we starting getting teraincial (sp??) rain falls. (of course, right on the day of our simmental meeting here). I just THOUGHT we had mud before. Yikes, had a 1/4 acre pond going across my driveway.

I've alwasy sadi that snow is jjust delayed mud. I had heard that parts of PA had flooding problems from the rain and snow melt, didn;t realize it was in NY too.
Just like the dog and the peach pit, "This too shall pass". In a couple of months you'll want rain.

dun

dun":10dl2bu5 said:
I've alwasy sadi that snow is jjust delayed mud. I had heard that parts of PA had flooding problems from the rain and snow melt, didn;t realize it was in NY too.
Just like the dog and the peach pit, "This too shall pass". In a couple of months you'll want rain.

dun
NEVER - not in NY - SUNSHINE - that's what we could use - anytime of the year. Yeah - all the schools were closed. Even heard a piece on the Today show about Marathon, NY (about 20 miles from here) under water. They had to cancel the "infamous" Maple Festival.

dun":1y8y45f4 said:
We've never tried trapping them, we just shoot them when we get a chance. I just consider it more humane, although the new havahart trap sounds like it may be an option to explore.
Hauling in a carcass that's already been skinned:

mule-hay.jpg

Dun,

Is that a ..."miniature" bale of hay ...for the pet rabbit...on that
little fellow?
:lol:
I can't imagine it could carry a 1200-1500# bale....? :shock:

preston39":2hd88lhs said:
Dun,

little fellow?

You're right it is a miniature bale. Didn;t weigh that particular one but they were only running around 950-1050. All depended on where they came off of the field. The mostly fescue stuff was on the lower end, the heavy OG and clvoer ran towards the heavier end. But the 2500 Mule is rated at 1330 lbs of load

dun

dun":n8ijujrg said:
preston39":n8ijujrg said:
Dun,

little fellow?

You're right it is a miniature bale. Didn;t weigh that particular one but they were only running around 950-1050. All depended on where they came off of the field. The mostly fescue stuff was on the lower end, the heavy OG and clvoer ran towards the heavier end. But the 2500 Mule is rated at 1330 lbs of load

dun
==================

Whoa...1330 #... and diesel for the PU's is 2.25...and rising! Guess I'm gonna have to break down and get one of those little critters. Everyone else seems to have one..or two.

LOL on the 1050# bales have some of them...or had....seems we always end up with some for one reason or another.

Chuckie":172qmjvl said:
dun. I checked on the tarps you posted about. Could those possibly be made out of landscaping fabric?

Nope, not what I thin of as lanscaping fabric. They're a cooue of layers of poly somthing canvas but breathable not really porus. But they work well. When I thin of landscpaing farbid I think of a fabric type of stuff and not a plastic canvas.

dun

Latest posts