Hay spear wigglin loose

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
My hay spear keeps wiggling loose. I dont want to weld it in place . I was thinking about adding another nut to the end of it. I tried lock tight with no luck. Any suggestions?

denoginnizer":bt79phox said:
My hay spear keeps wiggling loose. I dont want to weld it in place . I was thinking about adding another nut to the end of it. I tried lock tight with no luck. Any suggestions?

Blue lock-tite.

You can still break it free for maintenance.

Bez>

Bez>":1w6ua6xb said:
denoginnizer":1w6ua6xb said:

Blue lock-tite.

You can still break it free for maintenance.

Bez>

Thank goodness! There's someone else out there that knows the grades of loctite. I worked on a truck week before last where some numbnuts had covered every bolt in red loctite. Loctite in the wrong hands is worse than a welder.

cfpinz

I had the same problem till I tightened the nut with a 6 foot cheater. Hasn't come lose in 2 years now.

yeah mine fell on the hood of the tractor and put a big dent in it back in the fall. i was working late one night and i had it up in the air so i could see with the lights and it came falling out of the sky. scared the crap out of me.

I also had this problem on the other tractor. I used red locktight and a 3/4" socket and pull handle with a 4' cheater pipe. I put all my weight on the pipe to tighten it. It didi not come loose. I figured the red locktight would keep it there and if I ever needed it off I could always heat it with the torch. Never had a problem.

Latest posts