Hay in short supply

Help Support CattleToday:

kickinbull

Reaction score
And hay is not the best. We are going into this winter with a small cow dairy. Wondering if anyone had any receipes for grain that would stretch the hay and help to maintain some milk production. Thinking of adding some whole fuzzy cottonseed to a 16 % heifer feed. Any thought? TIA

If there is a Cattleman's Choice Loomix dealer in your erea I woud go with that. It is by far the best I have found to strech hay and forage.

Contact Jamie and CPC Commodities. She is a real nice lady. And nows her stuf.
CONTACT US
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPC - Fountain Run
98 Celsor Road
Fountain Run, KY 42133

3 ton or mor they deliver free.

Kickin.....hard to beat whole fuzzy cottonseed in a dairy ration. Great for beef cattle also. You can't build a feed with the attributes of WCS. Super digestible, high in protein, fat, fiber and especially energy. Your butterfat bonus should show up nicely on your milk check. We've feed as much as 6 lbs. per head per day with no adverse effects. If you're pasture breeding and allow those bulls access to the seed you'll need to rotate your pulls several times a year as the WCS can cause low sperm count or temporary sterility .

loomis":2u5s6u1i said:
If there is a Cattleman's Choice Loomix dealer in your erea I woud go with that. It is by far the best I have found to strech hay and forage.
I don't think you're going to want to be feeding your cows loomix or any molasses type stuff. It stimulates appetite and the cows will actually increase intake of hay. If your trying to stretch your hay I would recommend the opposite of using loomix. I would look at using byproducts of some kind.

Latest posts