Hay Feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these? Pretty neat but it would not work here unless there was a pretty big concrete pad.
I know that Edenshale Farm (Ky Experiment station) has built something similar.

Looks reasonable, if you like feeders. I would expect that they'll still waste quite a bit, but maybe worse, because of the capacity of the thing, they'll be standing in one spot for a long time, and you're going to have a pretty muddy mess there. Looks like you still only have access for about 15-maybe 20 head at a time. I'm liking unrolling... and the greater the distance unrolled over, ESPECIALLY in soft conditions, the better.

Looks reasonable, if you like feeders. I would expect that they'll still waste quite a bit, but maybe worse, because of the capacity of the thing, they'll be standing in one spot for a long time, and you're going to have a pretty muddy mess there. Looks like you still only have access for about 15-maybe 20 head at a time. I'm liking unrolling... and the greater the distance unrolled over, ESPECIALLY in soft conditions, the better.
As I said, it would have to be on a concrete pad or far enough north that the ground stays frozen. As to the capacity, the Ky Experiment station says that since it is essentially free choice, that is not a problem for say 20 head at a time because they eat at their leisure.

Latest posts