Hay cost per Round Bale How Much?

Help Support CattleToday:

thommoos

Reaction score
I usually spilt the hay with the Hay man, But I was thnking of Paying him for each bale. Note he offered to bale last year @ 15 per 6 X 5 round bale, I have a small tractor that I only feel comfortable with 4 x 5 's and in the winter the prairie mud here you tend to sink with the front tires when using a loader. What do you think is a good price for 4x5's? Note Location central Alabama.

To me...twine tie...it doesn't make any difference....same price and darn sure isn't $15/bale, (turned a job down last week becasue it was only 6 acres and probably only 2 bales/acre, would have gotten at least $25/5x5) fewer bales with the 6x5 but means more time setting, tieing and burning diesel on a 4x5...

He will be there cutting mine and 2 others boarding the road, so he will probably cut on mine about 40 acres, and my neighbors about 150. Usally spilts on 2/3 split with you, hay here is elling for around 35 a 5x5 and 40 well fertized 6x5

$15 for a 4x5 poly twine tied is about right for price. we normally charge $12 - $15 for balewrapped hay 4x5's. He might jump on it in "these hard economic times".

JS

i know 1 guy that charges $25 a bale to cut rake an bale 4 by 6 bales.an i know of a guy that was charging $20 to cut rake an bale 4 by 5 bales last year.our baler man was $20 a bale on the 5 by 6s.with diesel going up no telling what he will charge this year.prices depend on how much a person wants to make baling hay.

Cut rake and roll in thick hay $25 a roll and in thin hay $30 a roll 4 X 5.
I can't see how they can do it cheaper than that.
Just roll in thick hay $15 is a fair price.

Latest posts