Having trouble identifing this snake

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
IMG_1309.jpg

All that was left was its head. Can't find anything on it. It was pink with some black. :help:

The picture is zoomed in. It was only 6 inches. But I don't know what kind it is. It was pinkish and had those black marks all over the top of it. It's belly was gray. Can't find anything like it online and no one around here really knows what it is. :!:

This??? http://www.oplin.org/snake/fact%20pages ... thern.html

This is the description for this snake, changes as it matures.

Appearance

The Northern Water Snake is a stout-bodied snake with highly variable coloration. Its basic color is reddish-brown, brown, gray or black. Usually there are dark cross bands on the neck just behind the head. Sometimes these bands continue down the back, but more often they are broken into blotches that alternate between the back and sides. With age, an individual becomes almost completely black. The undersurface is white, yellowish or gray with dark spots.

I was going to say this could just be a baby snake and its appearance could be far different than what a adult looks like. Aren't snakes just fascinating, so many different kinds and colors, i have to admit my favorite is the Amazons anacondia's just because they are so huge, followed up by the reticulated pythons, because they are so long and huge.

Not to change the subject, has anyone else watched the PBS show on Mamba snakes, they are the most poisonous snake, one bit a girl in a field, can't rememer what country, i want to say one in Africa, and she was dead within 10 minutes. They had a show on them, how agressive they are-and how this couple goes around getting them out of peoples way, and relocating them, it was kind of interesting.

GMN":28dkwpqa said:
I was going to say this could just be a baby snake and its appearance could be far different than what a adult looks like. Aren't snakes just fascinating, so many different kinds and colors, i have to admit my favorite is the Amazons anacondia's just because they are so huge, followed up by the reticulated pythons, because they are so long and huge.

Not to change the subject, has anyone else watched the PBS show on Mamba snakes, they are the most poisonous snake, one bit a girl in a field, can't rememer what country, i want to say one in Africa, and she was dead within 10 minutes. They had a show on them, how agressive they are-and how this couple goes around getting them out of peoples way, and relocating them, it was kind of interesting.

To he[[ I hope!!!!!!!!! What could possibly be more STUPID than RELOCATIONING something that poisinous.

I was thinking corn snake but wasn't sure. It was a baby I'm positive of that. I just wanted to know what momma was. So I could be on the look out. :hide:

Latest posts