Have you found your safe place

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
for a month I have been searching for a safe space, ( you know what I mean )The weather was cold this morning and I found my safe place this morning sitting in my recliner by the fire Sipping coffee looking out my window at the deer feeder with a a large buck eating corn, more enjoyment watching him than shooting him. I found my safe place for him and me, Nothing more enjoyable than watching nature. :cboy: it is now noon I looked out and he is back so him and I will eat dinner in our safe place. :banana:

I've done my fair share of thinkin sittin on this feed bunk of a morning waitin for my horse to finish his grain and be turned out. Not sure I could function with out it.

I don't have a safe place but I do enjoy driving around trying to get far enough away from civilization that I can't even hear a car, a plane, people talking, a rooster crowing or anything else....then just park and walk down the road a while and come back. Sometimes I'll just sit there and enjoy the quiet and see how long it takes for a car to pass....sat on one little country road almost an hour and a half before an old truck rumbled by. Musta been lost.

My "safe space" is every square inch of my property.

Not very safe for anyone, or anything else though...just me.

Don't have one-don't want one-don't need one.
Adversity builds character, and that's what i am...a character, which is better than being a charioteer or a chupacabra..

greybeard":236y82n4 said:
Don't have one-don't want one-don't need one.
Adversity builds character, and that's what i am...a character, which is better than being a charioteer or a chupacabra..

You better find one..I hears there be flying cougars in the little ol'state of Texas!
I would want a pretty good safe place to hide if one of them was floating around!

sim.-ang.king":10iwtao8 said:
My "safe space" is every square inch of my property.

Not very safe for anyone, or anything else though...just me.

Same here.

My safe place is ten feet away from my wife of 57 years with me in my recliner and her in hers. Always been that way never had a fuss that amounted to any thing. Cannot think of any where that would be better.

hurleyjd":2ehha9bt said:
My safe place is ten feet away from my wife of 57 years with me in my recliner and her in hers. Always been that way never had a fuss that amounted to any thing. Cannot think of any where that would be better.

:heart: :heart: :heart: You are both very lucky! May you have many more such years!

boondocks":pvhn6ipx said:
hurleyjd":pvhn6ipx said:

:heart: :heart: :heart: You are both very lucky! May you have many more such years!
X2! That's wonderful, hurleyjd (and Mrs. hurleyjd).

Sept. 12,2016 married 50 years , 3 boys, 3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter. Never regretted one day of marriage. Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been if we had never met.

Latest posts