Have you ever seen an eagle swim?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
A friend sent this to me. The story I have is that someone shot a nutrea (sp? -- they can be almost beaver size but are big swamp-rate type critters, once valued for their fur when the beavers got low) in a pond in Louisiana. The video tells the rest of the story. I've lived for many years in eagle territory, and have never seen/heard of one swimming for prey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87xNpOYOlQ4

Kathie in Thorp":2c18x8m1 said:
A friend sent this to me. The story I have is that someone shot a nutrea (sp? -- they can be almost beaver size but are big swamp-rate type critters, once valued for their fur when the beavers got low) in a pond in Louisiana. The video tells the rest of the story. I've lived for many years in eagle territory, and have never seen/heard of one swimming for prey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87xNpOYOlQ4

I have seen it, but on television many years ago, and it was another kind of eagle.

I once saw an eagle in Alaska catch a salmon that was too big for it to get airborne with. It sort of half flew/half swam to shore dragging the fish. Sort of a butterfly stroke with its wings. But it neve let go of that fish.

Great video, I have never seen anything like that. Wonder if the eagle got the nutria.

Alan

Alan":3l3jqzlh said:
Great video, I have never seen anything like that. Wonder if the eagle got the nutria.

Alan
What I got from the video, Alan, was that the bird drug it up onto the bank -- you can see him flapping around there.

We just started getting eagles in our area a few years ago. They are nesting on the lake behind my house. I see them often. I have never seen one do that. That was cool.

john250":yc4ftg4l said:
I've seen a horse fly.
:D Off topic, but some years ago we were "test-driving" a gelding -- just a sweetheart of a horse that knew just about all of his stuff real well. Except, that he wasn't always right-on in doing a flying change of leads. Hubby didn't understand the term, and rather than doing repetive demonstrations and the explanations, we just told him, "Don't worry about, dear -- it just means the horse can't fly." We bought the horse, and both hubby and the gelding finally figured out flying lead changes.

Latest posts