Have i missed anything?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3hj1y0eb said:
Txpiney":3hj1y0eb said:
cowgirl8":3hj1y0eb said:
That I am.. its a mental thing. I had chickens many years ago and they just gross the heck out of me no matter the color. I do like eggs though so I try to look past their grossness. I mean, technically they are just a chicken period, right....
The chicken tractor we've made helps omit the things that gross me out.

CG8, has anybody ever told you that you need therapy :help:
Let's not start that shyt please !!!!!

Yes daddy :D

Txpiney":321enrwm said:
You don't recognize my screen name cause I just registered about a month ago, but have been a regular lurker for over 10 years. So I know the history of a lot of people here just from old threads.
That is scarey :shock:

midTN_Brangusman":1xf0a5y3 said:
Cowgirl did you kill that ol cat?
No, but it did come back. Husband shot a pig back where we've lost calves to it. He shot the 200 pound pig at around 1am..I went out as the sun was coming up at around 6am.. The pig had been gutted and meat on backbone eaten..Not a blade of grass was trampled, no blood was dropped. Something laid down and chowed down. I have pictures of the pig somewhere. I got a new computer and there are no pictures on it yet...
A delivery driver was driving on our road down by my inlaws. A cougar jumped out in front of him, stopped, then ran into the woods by their house. Driver went to their house and warned them a cougar was near their house. That is a half mile from ours, and about a mile from where we've had calves mauled.
Tuff Butt is doing ok. The damage he had to his spine is showing now. His backend is small and he isn't growing. I'm guessing he's around 200 pounds, if that much. I've found that animal maulings do a number on livestock long term. They are never normal afterwards. He will forever be a pet.
Eventually, I will get that cat. Son in law has an acquaintance that hunts cats for a living. I did not know this last time he was here. But next time he's around, i'm going to go nab him and get pointers on how to get it....

reeler":1f5t5o9x said:
Congrats on daughter& on calving season. Please keep us posted on cougar saga
Thanks... The president just talked, she didn't text me back so i'm assuming she was there. She had her picture taken with Trump Jr this morning, he's a fan of WC. I have my fingers crossed she gets one with the president, would be so awesome.

cowgirl8":2iq98o7o said:
midTN_Brangusman":2iq98o7o said:
Cowgirl did you kill that ol cat?
No, but it did come back. Husband shot a pig back where we've lost calves to it. He shot the 200 pound pig at around 1am..I went out as the sun was coming up at around 6am.. The pig had been gutted and meat on backbone eaten..Not a blade of grass was trampled, no blood was dropped. Something laid down and chowed down. I have pictures of the pig somewhere. I got a new computer and there are no pictures on it yet...
A delivery driver was driving on our road down by my inlaws. A cougar jumped out in front of him, stopped, then ran into the woods by their house. Driver went to their house and warned them a cougar was near their house. That is a half mile from ours, and about a mile from where we've had calves mauled.
Tuff Butt is doing ok. The damage he had to his spine is showing now. His backend is small and he isn't growing. I'm guessing he's around 200 pounds, if that much. I've found that animal maulings do a number on livestock long term. They are never normal afterwards. He will forever be a pet.
Eventually, I will get that cat. Son in law has an acquaintance that hunts cats for a living. I did not know this last time he was here. But next time he's around, i'm going to go nab him and get pointers on how to get it....

Sounds like you guys got a lot of kitty cats running around down there!

We got an early start this year on castrating and vaccinating...All the calves are done...For years we ralgrowed our steers. Quit probably 15 years ago. We decided to implant them this year, not with ralgrow but with something else. I cant remember what its called. So we shall see. Got a lot of rotten nuts out there. Everyone seems fine and is growing. Its a good feeling when all that is done. We left 2 bulls. One was just outstanding. One is very young but is out of the black Hereford bull. This calf is going to be brindle. Has a full Hereford chrome, but is going to be a cool brindle. His mother is angus/simbra, really nice cow. She's a named one, Troublemaker. Not because she causes trouble, but she's a carbon copy of her mother who was. Not in a dangerous way, she just made it hard to get in gates because she always wanted moved...
We bought a new reg angus bull. He's a dandy. Always scary to pay so much for one animal and then throw him out with several other bulls just to watch them fight. Went out one day and he was standing off by himself...He was limping, but was fine later that day.

cowgirl8":2y7zm9km said:
We got an early start this year on castrating and vaccinating...All the calves are done...For years we ralgrowed our steers. Quit probably 15 years ago. We decided to implant them this year, not with ralgrow but with something else. I cant remember what its called. So we shall see. Got a lot of rotten nuts out there. Everyone seems fine and is growing. Its a good feeling when all that is done. We left 2 bulls. One was just outstanding. One is very young but is out of the black Hereford bull. This calf is going to be brindle. Has a full Hereford chrome, but is going to be a cool brindle. His mother is angus/simbra, really nice cow. She's a named one, Troublemaker. Not because she causes trouble, but she's a carbon copy of her mother who was. Not in a dangerous way, she just made it hard to get in gates because she always wanted moved...
We bought a new reg angus bull. He's a dandy. Always scary to pay so much for one animal and then throw him out with several other bulls just to watch them fight. Went out one day and he was standing off by himself...He was limping, but was fine later that day.

Be interested to know your using and how you rate it. I've been using ralgro for 2 years and consider it a waste. I can't tell it does a dam thing. I'm gonna leave nuts on as long as I can stand it this year.

Soon as the sun is up, i'll grab a box of the pellets and let you know... I don't know if its other factors, but the calves seem to be growing at a enormous rate...The flesh above their now shriveled nuts is very fatty, like, the fat is sagging over the band area....

Lost a really nice heifer yesterday. All we can tell is the bull was messing with her. She was pushed through a tight 5 strand fence. Had cuts all over her underside. She drug herself about 30 ft where she died. When we found her, the bull and a cow were standing at the fence. The ground was all stirred up, cow was in heat, not heifers mother. Such a shame, was a beautiful heifer.
She wasn't old enough to come into heat, only 3 months old. BUt I question if the implants we gave them a couple weeks ago could have had any effects on her maturing early.. I haven't gotten the name of the product we used, its out in the barn. Next time I go out there i'll get the name. Calves though are growing like crazy. Around all the bands we put on the bulls, steers, have a big fat bubble hanging over the band sight. Nuts are about to fall off.

Latest posts