Have a question

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
I went to the sale barn today in Nixon. And yes I bought a couple of calves. Anyway,I was on the catwalk looking down at the cows. On one of the angus cross cows they had written TISSUE on both of her sides and a large T across her face. They also ran a red tape thru her ear with a metal clamp.
Does anyone knows what this means ?

That cow was marked so that her glands could be checked at the slaughter plant. They used to do follow ups on Bangs suspects (animals that showed a titer reaction, but not a full blown reactor).

she prolly bought some beefmaster looking calves.but i thought she was going 100% reg beefmasters.

BC":2iu3v4f3 said:
That cow was marked so that her glands could be checked at the slaughter plant. They used to do follow ups on Bangs suspects (animals that showed a titer reaction, but not a full blown reactor).
Thank you BC, I have never seen that before. I think years ago I remember them putting a big B on them or they wrote BANGS.

Limomike":amemf8wl said:
Joy.. Just curious what kind of calves did you buy?
I bought a white baldy bull a couple of days old, some other angus cross bull and a brahma bull. I needed a couple of other calves to put on my jersey. They had no heifers that I could use or afford. These guys cost enough. The baldy cost 160.00 The other 2 were 260.00 a piece.
Bigbull I would have bought beefmaster calves if they had some. For bottle calves it was slim pickins yesterday. Besides I have plenty of beefmaster calves on the ground as it is. I'm just wondering how I'm going to feed them all this winter
It was a strange day . They herefords,brahmas,limo's and crosses out numbered the angus for a change.

Joy of Texas":2usr52bw said:
For bottle calves it was slim pickins yesterday.

Joy I have had better luck with buying splits for my nurse cow. Some I have bought were a bit too old but I did manage to graft them eventually.

As back to your original post, to me that means, "DON'T BID" :D :D

backhoeboogie":3fsvp7nn said:
Joy of Texas":3fsvp7nn said:
For bottle calves it was slim pickins yesterday.

Joy I have had better luck with buying splits for my nurse cow. Some I have bought were a bit too old but I did manage to graft them eventually.

As back to your original post, to me that means, "DON'T BID" :D :D
LOL that's for sure ,she stuck out like a sore thumb. All of these calves are working out. They went right to her . But I don't she's all that happy with me.