Haunted

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
My 02 Super Duty radio has just started coming on by itself going down the road.
Anyone have a clue on this one?
Got me scratching my head everything is still factory just like I bought it.

Never heard of that one CB... I did have an older Chevy one time that after I installed the trailer brake system, the radio would come on every time you hit the brakes!!

TN Cattle Man":36c4u2qm said:
Never heard of that one CB... I did have an older Chevy one time that after I installed the trailer brake system, the radio would come on every time you hit the brakes!!

:lol2: Now that's funny right there!

Brother some years ago bought a brand new chevy. When you closed the door hard the horn would honk, turn on the radio and the wind sheiled wipers came on. Chevy never found the problem.

Had a 1960 Chevy car, every time you turned left the horn would honk, sure pissed a lot of people off Lot of folks responded with a one finger wave.

cowboy43":2mspstqc said:
Had a 1960 Chevy car, every time you turned left the horn would honk, sure be nice a lot of people off Lot of folks responded with a one finger wave.
Dam, that was the year of my brothers chevy.

The radio in my ford 450 work truck will turn the volume up on it's own. And it's just a plan jane work truck no fancy buttons.

Mine is just the XLT package comparing it to my 2015 it is primitive. I still haven't figured out everything the new one will do.
The 02 has electric Windows and door locks that about the limits of the gadgets.
Got to reading the manual the radio face if removed shuts down the radio and has to be reset at dealership

Had an 02 F350 that the radio would come on and off (when it wasn't supposed to) and the volume would adjust itself (wide open). Hated that truck.

I used to sell cars for a short--didn't like it -I'm not a car guy. But I did learn that some makes (Chevy?) of cars and I'm not sure about trucks, actually increase the volume of the radio automatically as the speed increases, to accommodate the excess road noise. Cheaper than sound proofing, I guess!!

dun":3mdtqib0 said:
Brother some years ago bought a brand new chevy. When you closed the door hard the horn would honk, turn on the radio and the wind sheiled wipers came on. Chevy never found the problem.
The wiper problem in some GMs is well known. In the mid 80s it was known as the Phantom Wiper--it's a problem on a little controller board in the module for the delay wipers on that era's vehicles.
Believe me, GM knew all about it--they just didn't want to fix it since you had to tear most of the dash out to get to the little 3x3" square board.
Ford Rangers and Dodge have also had it at different times over the years.

CB, I would think you have an internal problem with the radio itself. Radio has a "memory wire" and is almost always 'hot at all times' to allow preset stations to remain in memory as well as the clock's time.

Brute 23":1l0ipj1y said:
I would start with the nob or switch. If it's not that I bet it's going the be the stereo getting hot.

If you have the switch off, will it turn on? Or will will it cut on and off with the switch on?

I rarely listen to the radio it is off and just comes on scaring the crap out of me about half the time. Just putting along on the dirt roads enjoying the scenery the next second I am in a honky tonk

Caustic Burno":3dpoh2ax said:
I rarely listen to the radio it is off and just comes on scaring the crap out of me about half the time. Just putting along on the dirt roads enjoying the scenery the next second I am in a honky tonk

That would explain it...

Latest posts