Hauling cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

When I bought two head last fall I called around and the going rate was $3.00 per loaded mile.

That's what I paid to have mine hauled home from the auction.

Head count didn't matter.

The barns here will haul them free if you have a full trailer load or at least 15 head. If I have more than I can haul in one trip they will send out what is needed to get them there. I do not know the distance they will travel to do this.

Hippie Rancher":1o5f19tp said:
One old fart charged me $20/head for a 15 mile haul. I have kicked the neighbor anything from a 12 pack to 50 to 80 $ before. Depends on who owed the other a favor or not. ;-)
12 pack?? Hell yeah! You might not want to give it to me until the cows are delivered though,.....roads might get crooked.

Around $2.00 per loaded mile for a 24' X8' straight truck.20'X 7' trtailer of my cousin's slightly less but the truck and trailer are paid for long ago and the straigt truck guy has the truck for himself anyway.

the hauler that i use charges $3 a mile 1 way.it doesnt matter if its 1 or a trailer load its $3 a mi.i dont know what long haulers charge to haul cattle.im guessing $4 to $5 a mi 1 way.

Most of the time you can get a pot for 3.00 -3.30 a loaded mile long haul I charge about 2.50 for a 24 by 8 gn over 100 miles more if less. Some cattle I've bought out of purebreed sales were delivered for .10 to .20 a mile per head or free but it's not really free.

Latest posts