Hate to log off

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
I got a new computer back in November and the fastest connection I've had since then is 28.8 kbs. I just got a 45.2 and don't want to let it go. At one time we were getting anywhere from 36.8 up to 56. Hopefully that's back! Bring on those pics! We can't get DSL, even though we get about 75 emails and notices per week that we can! :roll:

You should try wireless. I'm so spolied I coudln;t imagine goign back to anything. Whenever a friend of mine has to download software updates he comes over here, downloads it and burns it to a CD then goes home and loads it on his. Poor shmuck is saddled with dial-up

dun":1pu3or4i said:
You should try wireless. I'm so spolied I coudln;t imagine goign back to anything. Whenever a friend of mine has to download software updates he comes over here, downloads it and burns it to a CD then goes home and loads it on his. Poor shmuck is saddled with dial-up

dun, What kind of wireless do you have?

dun":3cl26ls2 said:

The internet actually became useful when I got wireless. Our ISP is putting senders on every water tower around here.
My dial up was about 24 on average. 56 was a dream. I just "pinged" and it is running 522 this morning.

It's a local company in Lebanon. As was said, every water tower around is sporting an antenne

dun

dun":1xeo8zsa said:

That's how we do our downloads now, at the kids' house. By the way, this time I had 8 straight 24.0 connections before I finally hit the jackpot with a whopping big 28.8. :roll: I do most of my internet work at school after-hours, but they have so many filters you can't do a lot, like a thread here about prolapses will be blocked if it has the word vagina in it. And there's also Big Brother monitoring everything you do and when you did it. The security system notifies them that someone has entered or exited the building, what times and which entrance, so they know which surveillance cameras to monitor and which computer terminals to check histories on. Doesn't mean they always do, but they always can, and we all have to sign releases to that effect with our contracts.

Latest posts