Has anybody AI to SAV PLATINUM 0010?

Help Support CattleToday:

HughesFamilyCattle

Reaction score
Has anybody used SAV Platinum? I want to stick with SAV bloodlines on my SAV/Champion Hill heifers
and I have too much SAV Abigale in them to use SAV Bismark. Need low BW and CE to use on heifers and cows with way too high numbers (for my bull customers)

I like the bull, used him on some Ten X heifers in the spring, sold them I think it was good for the sale of them. Used him on my Thunderbirds and 4097s this fall, cant say how the calves will be for sure, ive heard good things, time will tell.

bse":327lmts6 said:
I like the bull, used him on some Ten X heifers in the spring, sold them I think it was good for the sale of them. Used him on my Thunderbirds and 4097s this fall, cant say how the calves will be for sure, ive heard good things, time will tell.

What's your opinion (each of you) of the milk EPDs?

TennesseeTuxedo":26o4cwas said:
bse":26o4cwas said:

What's your opinion (each of you) of the milk EPDs?[/quote

Yeah its too high..... I used to be really cautioned about going over 24 but then I quickly realized
I would only have 5 frame Angus and I prefer 6.25 plus frammed. And people in this area pay big
$ for SAV and Champion Hill bloodlines. I guess theres no perfect animal........ I have gave myself a migraine before trying to pick my potentail heifer/cow purchase by the numbers and then my eyes countinuely take
to BW of 4 and higher and milk numbers of 37 when I get to the sale........ I guess I might be an SAV straw chaser......

TennesseeTuxedo":1erc855r said:
Where are you located HughesFamilyCircle?

Paris, Ky (probably 40 or so miles from Ron) I'm just a few miles outside of Lexington. Not too far
from where Secretariat lived. Theres more Racehorses here than people.

HughesFamilyCattle":2f6n09vv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2f6n09vv said:

Paris, Ky (probably 40 or so miles from Ron) I'm just a few miles outside of Lexington. Not too far

I thought you were in KY. Our place is off 71 near the Ky Speedway.

TennesseeTuxedo":3mkc5ks1 said:
HughesFamilyCattle":3mkc5ks1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3mkc5ks1 said:

I thought you were in KY. Our place is off 71 near the Ky Speedway.

Your sitting on a Gold Mine their with that Racetrack and future growth. I guess I'm hour and
15-20 minutes from their. Do you ever go the Beef Expo or NAILE? That's not too far from your farm.

I agree with HFC milk is a little high, he could drop and fall in line with his grand sire at 23. He was at 31 im Oct now at 29 so it could fall some, until those miliking daughteres wean calves who knows.
Iron Mountain was at about a 23, and that first group was turned in and he fell to a 6, now climbing back at around 17.

Latest posts