Happy Winter Solstice!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
to those of us in this neck of the (earthly) woods, today (Friday) is the Winter Solstice. Even though the worst of the winter is still ahead of us (and where I live, will last until April,easy), I always feel better knowing we've gotten past the longest night and start getting back just a minute or two of daylight every day. It's weird how much that cheers me up :lol:

Yes we just passed the longest day and even though the hottest days are ahead of us I am pleased to see it pass and look forward to some nice autumn days.

Ken

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2v4y3xsn said:
Yes, winter has started - getting up to 59F today!!!! Was near 0F two mornings ago. This has been our Spring, Summer and Fall - now Winter.

Been strange in Missouri for sure. Coldest November in 50 years, and shaping up to be a very mild December.

Sure looking forward to Spring, since we didn't get it last year. Went from winter to summer.

Atimm693":19iiox45 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":19iiox45 said:
Yes, winter has started - getting up to 59F today!!!! Was near 0F two mornings ago. This has been our Spring, Summer and Fall - now Winter.

Been strange in Missouri for sure. Coldest November in 50 years, and shaping up to be a very mild December.

Sure looking forward to Spring, since we didn't get it last year. Went from winter to summer.

We had tons of snow and a pretty cold Nov. The last couple weeks have been a nice reprieve before it hits us again in earnest.

Yesterday sunrise 9:35 MST sunset 16:29 MST. I also really look forward to the lengthening days, even though I know the cold will intensify. But we've had such a mild winter to this point I figure we are already ahead of the game.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":bqyll0wf said:
Well, the "city" folks around here have enjoyed this "reprieve", but I sure haven't - MUD MUD MUD.
But, on the other hand, I enjoy winter - freeze and stay that way!

The mud takes the fun out of winter here. I would enjoy a long spell of dry subfreezing temperatures.

Latest posts