Happy Valentine's Day

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯)
cow-valentine.jpg
(¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿

Cute card chippie. Reminds me of when I was in grade school and we had to bring valentine cards for everyone in the class, and put them in each of the white paper sacks that we each had decorated for ourselves.

Anyway.. Happy Valentines Day :heart: to all the real female Sweethearts of the board!! May they all have a wonderful day! :heart:

Limomike":149mbux9 said:
Cute card chippie. Reminds me of when I was in grade school and we had to bring valentine cards for everyone in the class, and put them in each of the white paper sacks that we each had decorated for ourselves.

Anyway.. Happy Valentines Day :heart: to all the real female Sweethearts of the board!! May they all have a wonderful day! :heart:

My little 4 year old girl was beyond excited this morning. Couldn't wait to give out her valentine's and for the party. 6 year old son was looking forward to the sweets.

J&D Cattle":346gjcei said:
Limomike":346gjcei said:

My little 4 year old girl was beyond excited this morning. Couldn't wait to give out her valentine's and for the party. 6 year old son was looking forward to the sweets.

My kids were the same way...

My wife does scrapbooking and makes all her own cards, She gave me a lovely card this morning and I gave her a kiss on the cheek. :heart: :heart: I also asked her to try to get a couple of shirts ironed for me before she left for work................She actually laughed :shock:

obviously you need a good sense of humor to be married to me for very long! :cowboy:

As the kids say that are in my daughters class at school "Happy Balentimes".

Larry

chippie":1j90ep98 said:
greybeard":1j90ep98 said:
Is there a Valentine version of .................bah humbug?

:hide:

Just for you greybeard. . .

1zmku0x.jpg

I do wonder about St Valentine Day. This is the anniversary of the date on which St Valentine was executed. Hooray, the Romans cut off his head on this day, lets all go buy flowers and candy for our sweethearts??????????? Strange world we live in.

A much better idea would be to remind them every day how much they mean to you and forget about the day that Hallmark card and the florist shops have pushed on to us.

I'm with you Dave & GB.
We don't do Valentines Day. It's too phony for me. Its just a day that was chosen to boost the winter sales slump for retailers.
Besides lifes too short to wait for someone elses special day to show my Hubby how much he means to me. I figure it's best to just do that everyday. And I don't need a present from him to prove he loves me.

But Happy Valentines to everyone anyway.. :lol:

Valentine's Day was my mother's favorite holiday (she was born in 1918). After she passed away, I found a box of Valentines from her youth. Many were handmade and of course vintage.

To say that Valentine's Day was created to boost the winter sales slump for retailers is not true. When I was a child, cards were exchanged with maybe a treat. My father would buy my mother flowers. It was not the big go out and buy gifts like it is now.

Our society has changed all holidays into something they were not. Even St. Patrick's day has tons of merchandise. Easter too has become a day to exchange gifts. And of course the Christmas season is the worst.

It saddens me that so many do not see that some holidays are not all about material things. I do like Valentine's Day. Getting a phone call, text or friendly greeting from a family member and friend is enough for me. Knowing that someone cares enough to say something to let a person know that they are thought of is what it is all about. at least for me.

http://www.history.com/topics/valentines-day

Just to clarify, I didn't say it was created by retailers. I said it was chosen by retailers to relieve their winter sales slump. There is a difference. If one really gets into Valentines Day, that's great, but I think there's a whole bunch of people who simply feel obligated to participate.

Latest posts