Happy Kids

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I took time to build this rabbit coop for my kids and surprise them on Easter with some bunnies. Its not completely done but thats what I did so far.
ResizedImage_1361753920396_zpsbc969a3b.jpg

Sweet! I bet that they will enjoy them.
One of our daughters has a pet bunny. He is housebroken and is a good pet. She had him neutered and it made him a better pet. She works for the stock show here, so I am babysitting him for a month. I don't let him out of the cage.

LOL when I built this my wife said don't get them rabbits if you plan on eating them later. Yea, Hopefully they will like the bunnies I plan on getting them at tractor supply or southern states when they start getting back chicks in they also have bunnys so I will get them 2.

8 to 9 years. the smaller breeds like the dwarf live longer. Snuggles is a dwarf mix.
Rabbits do not tolerate heat well.

25gdm60.jpg

She lives in town and it doesn't have a fenced yard. She lets him run loose in her house. She has baby gates to keep him out of some rooms, but if he is really frisky, he will jump over them.
This is when she first got him.

25hokde.jpg

He likes to sit on her sofa next to her when she is watching TV.

fbxsva.jpg

I'm hav'n the best time's with my seven year old Granddaughter. She has a pony I bought from Oscar P, again thank you Pscar P. Now she has a bunny. I built a large bunny cage similar to your's but It is to hot outside in the summer and the winter's are worse so bunny lives in his cage in Lily's bedroom. Little girls and animals, same O same O.

yea I plan on sticking a box onto the side so that way they can go in the box in which i will insulate it and mayb put a heat lamp in it some how because I dont want them in the house lol

how big are those rabbits skyhigh? that cage is sport'in a pretty stout set of legs.........

I used to raise rabiits. Had thirty of them when I sold out. They like to chew on everything!! Give them blocks of wood to chew on to keep their teeth down otherwise they will destroy any part of the cage that is wood that they can get to. They are pretty hardy. They made it throught the winter in NW Iowa with just straw bedding in their huts. It was plywood boxes for shelter. Once I had quite a few they got moved into an old brooder coop. I never had a problem with heat when I was raising them. I raised rex crosses. Had all kinds of colors: calico, white, brown, black, cottontail looking ones. I enjoyed having them. Great pets. Does hurt when you get bit because they have suprisingly sharp teeth. Good luck to ya!!

You can move the cage into a barn during the winter and with a box & bedding they will be fine.
When you get the bunnies, be sure to get all of the same sex. Males make the best pets. Females can get mean when they come in heat.

Thanks for the imput iowa and chippie I appreciate it. Chippie thanks I didn't know that lol mean bunnies sounds funny. Yea hope not to get mean ones that bite alot.

Some females will attack a person's hand when you reach inside of the cage. I had a couple like that when I was raising bunnies for the freezer.
Snuggles isn't our first pet bunny. We had a couple when our children were young. They were all males.

Latest posts