Happy Fathers Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Happy Father's Day! Some of the kids came down yesterday, left today. My bad, I did hand over the keys to the Vic for them to go booze cruising the back roads. Hopefully son in law lands a plane better than he parks! But all good. Mr TC has talked to all the other kids (in Michigan), no cheesy gifts this year, and we're doing Father's Day with my 92-year-old dad on Wednesday.IMG_20240616_150557908.jpg

My old man died in '97, just short of turning 91. He invented dry cake mixes at his bakery supply company that he started when he was 17, and he sold after making his first million well into the Great Depression. Then he retired into ranching. I learned more about what not to do with cattle, from him, than I ever learned what to do from anyone else. Cows were his hobby while he made money in real estate... and he was good at that. A complicated guy with no ties to the earth.

I'd like to have a cup of coffee with him one more time...

Happy Father's Day! Some of the kids came down yesterday, left today. My bad, I did hand over the keys to the Vic for them to go booze cruising the back roads. Hopefully son in law lands a plane better than he parks! But all good. Mr TC has talked to all the other kids (in Michigan), no cheesy gifts this year, and we're doing Father's Day with my 92-year-old dad on Wednesday.View attachment 45854
Well, I've seen worse.

Latest posts