Happy Father's Day

Help Support CattleToday:

I wish a Happy Father's day to all the fathers, too. I know I wouldn't be who I am without my dad.

Ryan

It's been a great fathers day for me!!
I got to talk to my dad , on the phone, Kidney cancer ( 4th Stage) was suppose to have killed him 4 years ago!
And my wonderful wife drove 200+ miles to the drilling rig so I could see my daughters!!

Life is good!
Thank you god!!

The day after i turned 5, my "dad" married my mom and we became a real family!! My "biological mishap" never had much to do with me ("you look too much and act too much like your mother...and where did you get green eyes, anyway?"), so i was indeed blessed and honored to have the gentle and kind man i call "dad" come into my life back in 1974!! He raised me, loved me, walked me down the aisle and held my children moments after each was born! So, here is to all those "stepdads" (Lord, how i hate that word!!) out there who give their all to the children who may not have their DNA in their blood, but have their hearts and souls!! Thanks, Dad!!!

As fate would have it, Father's Day this year fell on the seventh anniversary of my father's death. Furthermore, I was asked to fill in teaching Sunday School class for the Father's Day Lesson.

I had a wonderful Dad, who died way too young just about two weeks short of his 62nd birthday and retirement.

Ranchwife - I can totally relate to your post. I got married, had a son, divorced, got remarried. My son does not have a good relationship with his father(biological). He adores his dad(the step). We have a saying - anyone can father a child, it takes someone special to be a dad. He is waiting anxiously for the day he can legally change his last name. We also hate the step word. Happy Dad's Day to all the " Dads" out there.

Latest posts