Happy 4-H'er at her first AJSA Regionals

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score

This is Sierra Brown with a purebred steer she bought from me. He stood 5th overall winning a banner at the Eastern Regionals. She also was in top 10 in the Sales Talk and top 10 in the Cattlemen's Quiz.

Tell her congratulations. Looks like a real nice steer also.

Very nice looking steer. Sure beats the heck out of the Fluffy Cow* craze I see so much of nowadays, tho I realize some are make boatloads of money off of them.
("The newest version of Micro Pig" I suppose, which itself, replaced the Emu craze)

Pass on the congratulations and especially on competing in the sales talk and cattleman's competition. Many of our junior breed associations sponsor contests that have practical applications to their project.

This is her winning picture. Our National & Regionals require the juniors to compete in at least 4 of the competitions offered (besides showmanship & Breed/steer show). The kids have a very busy event. This family has only been involved with showing at their local 4-H County Fair. It was their first venture out at a show like this, so it was tremendous that she qualified in the top 10 in two of the 4 events she competed in.
Very difficult to have a Simmental "fluffy". They don't grow hair like Shorthorns, Angus, MainTainers, clubby's.

Congrats to her. I do not show, but it is great to see a 4-h or FFA kid do well in any of their show endeavors because you can see that they have put themselves into it. And more than just showing an animal, it is great that they have to compete in things that require them to acquire knowledge about the animal and subjects related to it.

Latest posts