?? Hanging weight on mini Herf bull ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":2fn1mlqi said:
Maybe I'm missing something but why are you so surprised at this yield from a four year old bull?
A 4-yr. MINI Herf, measuring 48" at the hip (per the seller). Everyone who had worked with him underestimated his live weight, Jo, and all were very surprised at his hanging weight. That's all -- just surprised at all the meat in that smaller body.

Not surprisingly I've seen meatier miniature cattle few times before. Even miniature longhorns are beefier than the true longhorns.

48 inches is 4 feet tall. I can see how he weighed that much.
I was under the impression that the miniature Herefords were shorter.

edited because I left out a word. stupid phone.

chippie":2evr06o4 said:
48 inches is 4 feet tall. I can how he weighed that much.
I was under the impression that the miniature Herefords were shorter.

He must have been about as wide as he was tall.

Yep, puts his live weight around 1700lbs by my calculations. Owners only missed the live weight guess by 600lbs. I've missed my live weight guess by a couple hundred pounds on adult animals ...... But this contest was rigged! :lol: :lol:

Alan":vd4ijof1 said:
Yep, puts his live weight around 1700lbs by my calculations. Owners only missed the live weight guess by 600lbs. I've missed my live weight guess by a couple hundred pounds on adult animals ...... But this contest was rigged! :lol: :lol:

I missed the weight on a rooster by 18 lbs. one time. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2c4dn4is said:
Alan":2c4dn4is said:

I missed the weight on a rooster by 18 lbs. one time. :lol2: :lol2:

That' s a good one, TB! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts