Hamilton boomless spray tips

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I've had an assortment of boomless tips over the years, I just run a 4 gallon per minute 12 volt pump, so my options are slightly limited. I bought a Hamilton #5 boomless spray tip ($26) this week, and fashioned a bracket to hold it. By far, the best tip I've ever used. I've got it 52" off the ground, and I think I'm going to lower it some before I settle in to really using it. It sprayed both walls of my 40' shop, pretty high up the wall. I believe I'd rather spray a little narrower strip, and concentrate my volume. Well worth the money, and an improvement on the $170 tip I was using.

I mentioned it several times on here. No one seeemed to listen. I guess it was too simple and too cheap.
It's a pretty good nozzle for the money.
It doesn't drift as bad as some of the cluster nozzles

Cross-7":2evsdb2i said:
I mentioned it several times on here. No one seeemed to listen. I guess it was too simple and too cheap.

How far is yours off the ground? We had a lake wind advisory today, and I didn't see much drift while I was playing with it.

Bigfoot":1b39g2or said:
Cross-7":1b39g2or said:

How far is yours off the ground? We had a lake wind advisory today, and I didn't see much drift while I was playing with it.

I haven't used it in years and it's in storage in west Texas, When I used it I mounted it off the back rack on the 4-wheeler, not sure of the height.
I ran a 5gpm flo-jet pump and it worked good.
It's funny that people will choose a 150.00 boomless cluster nozzle or a triple nozzle setup over the Hamilton.
I guess it's too cheap.

They used to have a site that was helpful on set up and gpa and etc

Edit
http://wlhamiltonco.com/boomlessinfo.pdf

Edit
(Data based on 36" mounting height).

I used a double 90 deg Hamiltoon setup for awhile, and it simply had too fine of a droplet pattern and too much drift for the wind conditions I have here using the 8 roller pto driven pump. Got tired of getting a face full of herbicide when I turned 1/2 into the wind and a neck full when the wind was behind me, and it wasn't a hard wind. My place is in the middle of a tall pine forest and the air on top of the '90' tall trees drops down when it reaches my pastures and gives me heck, even when the ground level wind is forecast and shows to be less than 5mph in my area. It's fooled me lots of times.

Yes, I think 52" is too high. Mine are set for around 30"-36".

I do still use the hamiltons on my little 35 gal 4wheeler sprayer and it works ok most of the time.

What gpm nozzle and pressure
The Hamilton nozzle typically has a larger droplet size so less drift.
If I remember right the 8 roller is up around 20 gpm.
Too small a nozzle and high pressure will do that

I'd have to look at the nozzle (if they are even stamped with that info) ..it been a few years since I used the Hamilitons on the big sprayer.

Latest posts