Halloween

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Does anyone dress up for halloween? Got any good Halloween stories? I went to the goodwill today to figure out a costume. I wanted to be a witch, but that seemed too obvious :shock: I decided I'm going as a pirate 8) Our community has a halloween party and everyone shows up, young, old, in-between. I got stuck with the doing the table decorations(they picked the least creative person) Must be payback for missing the Easter Party!

You betcha we dress up! We have a good time at Halloween. I dressed up as a priest and my wife dressed up as a pregnant nun. Haven't decided what we're going to do this year other than put together a haunted hay ride thru the woods for the kids and probably have a bonfire and cook something good.

I dress up as a chain smoking hillbilly! My wife dresses up as the wife of a chain smoking hillbilly.
But that's how we dress every day

Misty don't need no costume. She can always go as a nincompoop. :lol:

Although I haven't dressed up in a while, I still do love Halloween. Unfortunately, there are factions out here that would make you believe that it is "Satan's Birthday", whatever that is. When I lived in Arlington, Halloween was practically illegal. Neighborhoods discouraged trick or treating, schools were not allowed to have ghosts, witches or jack-o-lanterns. You could have pumpkins, but they had to be painted with something cheerful and non scary. Gawd knows we can't ever ever give kids a healthy scare... :roll:

I was refreshed when we moved to this area and children still went door to door, people still decorated the yards, and everyone had a good spooky time.

I mean, really, I know this holiday has pagan roots, but that it was Christianized and just became an amalgam to traditions. I personally do not see the harm in lighting up the house, carving some pumpkins and handing out candy to kids. I consider it a kid's holiday, not something to be dragged into the arena of policital correctness.

When I was a kid, the town had a Halloween carnival. It was great. The whole town went, there were rides, games a spook house, a spook parade. I looked forward to it all year. I don't recall anyone being afraid that we were celebrating the devil's birthday...

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Lammie, some folks can make a mountain from a mole hill. I know a few who will not celebrate Christmas cause they are unsure of Jesus's B'day. I think the spirit in which you do something dictates whether it is good or evil.

PS Reason we dressed the way we did was there was something in the news at the time about a priest and a nun. So it was kinda a pun at a news headline.

Jogeephus":1bxw6gvr said:
Lammie, some folks can make a mountain from a mole hill. I know a few who will not celebrate Christmas cause they are unsure of Jesus's B'day. I think the spirit in which you do something dictates whether it is good or evil.

PS Reason we dressed the way we did was there was something in the news at the time about a priest and a nun. So it was kinda a pun at a news headline.

I like funny costumes like you and your wife wore. Especially if it is topical. I think the last time I dressed up was as a cavewoman. I made some jewlery out of milk bone dog biscuits. It was a fun costume and cost me practically nothing to make. I used to always make by kid's costumes. You can get pretty creative with sheets, cloth dye, and a sewing machine.

flaboy":atkvgk3x said:
MistyMorning":atkvgk3x said:
flaboy":atkvgk3x said:
Misty don't need no costume. She can always go as a nincompoop. :lol:

Leave me alone, I'm mad at you

And just what did I ever do to you? :p

Now since that business is all cleared up do you want me to start sewing that horses ass costume you've always wanted :lol:

MistyMorning":1gdu0cpr said:
Does anyone dress up for halloween? Got any good Halloween stories? I went to the goodwill today to figure out a costume. I wanted to be a witch, but that seemed too obvious :shock: I decided I'm going as a pirate 8) Our community has a halloween party and everyone shows up, young, old, in-between. I got stuck with the doing the table decorations(they picked the least creative person) Must be payback for missing the Easter Party!

We had these great halloween parties when the kids were small. Hayrides in the dark, down the woods roads. Ghosts hanging in the trees with flashlights trained on them. And there would be older kids lurking and doing scary things in the woods, It was great fun for All.

This year, I will be dressed as a Elk hunter, probably be in the MT Mountains. :D

unfortunatly Halloween is not a big thing here, they are trying to make it, but there are to many goofballs on the streets to let the kids go out, we may get only three or four knock I always have sweets at hand. No-one makes jacka-lantens. It is frowned on as a pagan thing.
scream_5.gif

MistyMorning":1dpwfo5a said:
Now since that business is all cleared up do you want me to start sewing that horses ass costume you've always wanted :lol:

I don't think I will be needing it thank you. I already have one that I wear with pride.

Seems to me you been swimming the famous Minnesota Rum River way to often. :shock:

flaboy":t4mnmt04 said:
Seems to me you been swimming the famous Minnesota Rum River way to often. :shock:

Well no I haven't been swimming lately. But thanks for the great rum idea. Should complete my pirates costume ;-) I think I should start practicing this afternoon as the weather here is awful!

For the past couple of years I have worn an orange shirt that has on the front in black, "This IS my Halloween Costume". One year I went to the high school carnival with a white sheet thrown over me with eye holes in it. Nobody had any idea who I was and I would just sidle up next to somebody and stand there in silence. People were really creeped out and it was just a simple sheet!

im so pumped for halloween. my boyfriend was gonna be a pimp and i was gonna be his hoe but i like the whole pregnant nun idea alot. thats so funny. i do like to trick or treat. thats the whole point of halloween. the parties are fun too of corse.

there used to be twins in my class who's religion didnt believe in halloween. man, did they get alot of sh!t off that.

Latest posts