Halloween

Help Support CattleToday:

Didn't you just get out of detention? The principal has his eye on you and just installed a new camera in the boys can. He didn't like the M80 or the shop project you put in there last week. :roll:

My family has always dressed up for halloween. My mom and dad (and some aunts) would always dress up like old people. My mom being the old man and dad always being the old lady. They would go to peoples houses and just sit around and nod their heads but they would never talk. I sometimes wouldn't even know who was who. It was always fun to watch them. And some of the things they did made you wonder if it was really a guy or girl under it all!! :shock:

;-)

I do the same thing every year. Dress as an elk hunter in elk camp in the Willapa Hills. For some reason no trick or treaters ever seem to find me???? Oh well, more candy left over for me.

Dave":bccp8z65 said:
I do the same thing every year. Dress as an elk hunter in elk camp in the Willapa Hills. For some reason no trick or treaters ever seem to find me???? Oh well, more candy left over for me.

I always decorate the house in the vain hope that someone will come around and trick or treat. No one ever does. We live too far out, and off a busy road. That is one of the few things I liked about living in town. Trick or treaters are a lot of fun. But you are right, Dave. I always buy candy I like because I always wind up eating it. Anyone wants to trick or treat in Alvarado, let me know. I'll leave the porch light on and the pumpkins lit.

Hahahah! Love the pumpkin carving! Some people are so clever.

I love Halloween also. When I was growing up of course it was nearly as much fun as Christmas, because we could actually go out, at night, without parents and trick or treat. There was a subdivision right next to where I lived, so didnt' have to go far. Had a woman that made from scratch those fabulous popcorn balls.. yummmm! We'd got back twice, or until she remembered us.

Never had to worry about getting kidnapped, or some wacko putting razor blades into the fruit. People SUCK anymore...

Jogeephus":35jf4qfd said:
Lammie, some folks can make a mountain from a mole hill. I know a few who will not celebrate Christmas cause they are unsure of Jesus's B'day. I think the spirit in which you do something dictates whether it is good or evil.

PS Reason we dressed the way we did was there was something in the news at the time about a priest and a nun. So it was kinda a pun at a news headline.

Jo, I strongly believe that Jesus was born in the spring. Lambs are born in the spring and that was what he was.....the ultimate sacrafice. I also saw some highly studied presentations by scientists who study star patterns and they have the timing down to the spring time as the time of his birth. Having said that I celebrate his birth at the traditional Christmas time. It doesn't matter when it is celebrated it's the idea that it is celebrated. December 25th is a s good a day as any :cboy:

Lammie":uzc3vdex said:
Dave":uzc3vdex said:

I always decorate the house in the vain hope that someone will come around and trick or treat. No one ever does. We live too far out, and off a busy road. That is one of the few things I liked about living in town. Trick or treaters are a lot of fun. But you are right, Dave. I always buy candy I like because I always wind up eating it. Anyone wants to trick or treat in Alvarado, let me know. I'll leave the porch light on and the pumpkins lit.

Lammie, I'm with you on this. I love Halloween and make goodie bags (really good goodie bags) on the hope that someone will stop. We do get just a few (usually neighbors on their way to somewhere else) but its crazy how excited I get. Target has some cool bottles of Halloween Jones soda so this year I tied candy bags to a bottle of Jones with raffia... looks pretty neat. When we lived in town we were in a subdivision that got van-loads of kids and I always loved it. Story: My mom and dad used to live in the same subdivision as us and my husband decided to have some fun and put on a black cape (old costume). We were going to walk down to mom's but instead he snuck up next to some mothers walking their kids. He was so dark in that cape that they didn't notice him for a minute. When they did finally realize someone was walking with them they FREAKED!! Thank GOD they had a good sense of humor!! It was so funny.

Last time Susie dreassed as Mary Poppins and I was Burt...
We don't get any trick or treaters out here but take the grand kids over to the town in-laws to gather their booty.
Dmc

Susie David":kjtjo65v said:
Last time Susie dreassed as Mary Poppins and I was Burt...
We don't get any trick or treaters out here but take the grand kids over to the town in-laws to gather their booty.
Dmc

Yes, and you can clean some chimneys while you are at it!

Latest posts